jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Why do I have an alert on one of my hubs that says "broken link"?

1. Farmer Rachel profile image99
    Farmer Rachelposted 5 years ago

Why do I have an alert on one of my hubs that says "broken link"?

I checked the couple of links that are actually in the hub, and none are broken as far as I can tell. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Little two two profile image88
    Little two twoposted 5 years ago

The hub that has that black triangle beside means broken links when it was checked by hubpages. Sometimes a link may appear broken (site being maintained or such) when hubpages checks it. Inside the article the link should show as highlighted.

If there are no highlights ... run your own check and it should update it as fine.

Scroll all the way to the bottom on your hub stats page where it shows the various symbols and you should see a greyed out long oval button under the broken links symbol that says 'check for violations now', click it and give it a few minutes to run, it will either update your hub stats to reflect no broken link or still show as broken.

Farmer Rachelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That worked! All fixed now smile The site must have been under maintenence when HP checked it. Thanks!

3. sgbrown profile image96
    sgbrownposted 5 years ago

I believe you have to go into edit "mode" to find the highlighted link. I had the black triangle beside one of my hubs this morning.  The hub had been unpublished or deleted by the author, so the link no longer exsisted.  I clicked on edit and found the link highlighted in yellow.  I clicked on the link and it told me the hub no longer exsisted.  I just deleted the link box and refreshed my "accounts" page and the black triangle was gone.  Hope this helps!

Farmer Rachelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Found the troubled link! I clicked "broken links" on the left tool bar of my account page, and it showed me the link. I clicked "check" and it decided to link is good now. All better! Thanks smile

Closed to reply

working