jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

Do poetry hubs do well?

1. Mom Kat profile image78
    Mom Katposted 5 years ago

Do poetry hubs do well?

I have written poetry since I was about 5 years old.  I haven't put up any poetry hubs yet though... I'm always writing on my other topics.  So I was wondering if poetry hubs are popular or not?  In my notebook at home is just fine with me if I'm going to be the only one reading them smile  But if there is a large audience for poetry, then I might feel like sharing a few.

2. securityproducts3 profile image40
    securityproducts3posted 5 years ago

The marketing of Poetry hubs it totally different then that of a normal, "How-To" Hub for example. Viewership of poetry hubs is dependent on people reading your poetry, enjoying it, and then sharing it with others. Although this somewhat applies to normal Hubs, regular Hubs usually gain most of their views by ranking well in search engines like Google because they have dense, quality, content that a search engine can pick up on (Search engines have a rough time dealing with creative writing such as poetry). If you want to market your poetry, my recommendation is to spread your writings throughout social networks like Facebook, Twitter, etc. so people can share the creative things you have written.

Hope this Helps! Cheers

Mom Katposted 5 years agoin reply to this

very well explained!  I appreciate your in-depth answer.  Thank you

3. Phelcky profile image60
    Phelckyposted 5 years ago

My poetry hubs are doing very well smile I would love to read some of your poetry!

I'm so glad to hear your poetry is doing well ~ congrats!  & thank you

4. lorddraven2000 profile image90
    lorddraven2000posted 5 years ago

Mine did really well for the first week or so but over time have kinda faded into the darkness of my hub index.

That kinda makes sense.  I would think it was a fan/follower thing & once they all read it, then it would get filed away smile  Thanks for sharing

5. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 5 years ago

Good question. I love poetry, too. That's why I continue to do poetry hubs even though they are not doing as well. I'm not getting as many comments either. Ive done the social media and it does help. I also add text with some poetry to hold reader interest on the topic. And some, Ive put in a different category besides poetry and poems.

I post some of my regular articles on my social network.  I do have friends & family there who enjoy my writing, so it brings in a small amount of traffic.  Thanks for your answer & the tips

6. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I love poetry, writing and reading it.  My poetry hubs do well at first, then fade just as Lorddraven2000 mentioned.  But I still post it, as I enjoy writing it so much, it is fun to have an outlet for it.  It isn't about money for me.

No, no... my poetry isn't about "the money" either.  It would be just for the sake of sharing it with others who enjoy it.  I just didn't know if there were many who did anymore smile  Thanks!

2. duffsmom profile image59
      duffsmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I look forward to reading your woek Mom Kat!  I love poetry.

7. butterflystar profile image80
    butterflystarposted 5 years ago

I enjoy the heartfelt responces from poetry,depending on what subject you write about.smile

Isn't it just the best when you share something you're proud of & others love it too!

8. TS Garp profile image68
    TS Garpposted 5 years ago

You can test the waters with some of your poetry on HubPages. I have written poetry for years and never displayed them. I later joined several writing sites like HubPages and braved them there one at a time. Once you feel confident in your writing and want to publish to a wider audience, poetry hubs might work for you,  and later you can think about assembling them in your very own poetry book down the road. The main thing is to enjoy your writing and sharing poetry to those who want to read it.

Fantastic answer ~ you are so right.  And I do enjoy writing.  It's my favorite form of expression & communication smile

working