jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Hub Quality vs Hub Quantity, which is a better strategy?

1. sweetzara profile image79
    sweetzaraposted 5 years ago

Hub Quality vs Hub Quantity, which is a better strategy?

2. DS Duby profile image93
    DS Dubyposted 5 years ago

I'd like to think quality is what matters most, though I suppose everyone has different opinions of what quality is. I write urban legends, a lot of hub writers consider it nonsense compared to their writing but I make payout every month and have since the end of month 2, and I only have 35 hubs

3. profile image0
    SkeetyDposted 5 years ago

I think hub quality is a better strategy and it's seen in the hub community.  Some people have 20 or less hubs and their readership is huge.  Quality will always win out over quantity.

1. DS Duby profile image93
      DS Dubyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely SkeetyD

4. RolyRetro profile image83
    RolyRetroposted 5 years ago

I only have 14 hubs, but 1 of those hubs gets more views than the rest put together! With my SEO hat on though, there needs to be a minimum quantity in order to get internal links and to ensure you are making the most of viewers who want to read more of your content.

Perhaps there is a magic formula where the number of hubs tips you into a different league, but there would need to be an underlying level of quantity in order to ensure traffic from Google and also repeat visitors from Hubpages.

But then I am new and still learning, I probably spend too much time on each hub and should have more volume...

5. tussin profile image58
    tussinposted 5 years ago

Hubpages only pays lip service to quality.  You can find numerous hubs written in broken English with bad formatting; they may get flagged, but they stay on the site.

6. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

I think everyone wants to say quality, but realistically I don't believe it. Sure, there is a bare minimum of quality that you must adhere to (spelling and grammar) but if you reach that bare minimum, going above and beyond it doesn't get you more attention (in my experience). Plus, unless you are using SEO and researching hot topics, then every hub is a shot in the dark towards popularity. So the more shots you make, the higher chance of reward. It's also less detrimental to lose a hub, for what ever reason, if you have a large quantity of them. This isn't necessarily the strategy I use, but I make crap for money on here, so that's why I assume the opposite approach must work.

7. tulika4321 profile image60
    tulika4321posted 5 years ago

Hub quality is a better strategy to be adopted. This is because one can write 100 lines without any meaning- that's why there is no traffic. However someone may write 10 lines(not literally 10) beautifully which gets 1000 views. So I think hub quality is much more important than hub quantity.

8. shivanchirakkal10 profile image57
    shivanchirakkal10posted 5 years ago

hI sweetzara,
    The quality as well as quantity have equal importance. In hub page, we appear in front of thousands, not physically but as hub writers. Our personality, our approach, knowledge, our reading and such all will mostly resemble in our hubs.
    So presenting our hub subject in good manner is required. Good quality and good quantity will be our Aim.
    But it is not an easy thing. Only by writing...writing..hub, reading ...reading..hub, we can reach to make good quality hub.
    Quantity of hub, I thing help to earn more. So write as much as we can. And try to develop quality. I think  so.

9. profile image0
    Ghaelachposted 5 years ago

Morning Sweetzara.
    I'd say I'm of the same opinion as most people in that quality is first and foremost. Having said that I'm sure that a number of my hubs are not of a high standard.
    When I started at HP the only writting I'd done was in the form of letters and greeting cards. One day I'll get around to editing my earlier hubs and bringing the quality up to standard.
    LOL Ghaelach