jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Any ideas why a hub that was published on the 22nd, score of 87, and 100 views,

1. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

Any ideas why a hub that was published on the 22nd, score of 87, and 100 views, is pending still?

Obviously a quality hub with the score and number of views. Why are other hubs which were published later not pending and this one still is. It doesn't even show in the topics. I feel like I am getting robbed of views. Are these the supposed improvements?

2. aa lite profile image92
    aa liteposted 5 years ago

The only thing that comes to mind is that you might have edited the hub while it was in pending mode.  Whenever you do an edit on a new hub, the 'pending counter' is reset to the beginning.  So if you publish a pub, you would normally expect it to come out of pending in 24 hours.   However, if in hour 23 you go and edit that hub, it will take another 24 hours for it to be published. 

Also I think the official blog said that a hub might be in pending for up to 48 hours, although they try to get them out before that.  I don't think the quality of the hub has anything to do with how long it spends in pending mode. 

I guess HP staff would say that given the numbers of visitors the hub might expect over its lifetime, a couple of days at the beginning will hardly be significant, unless it is a hub about something that is happening now, where you expect a spike in traffic, but which will not be searched for very much in a couple of months' time.

1. Becky Katz profile image83
      Becky Katzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, I will no longer go to correct a typo until it is no longer pending. I never believed in leaving a error sit. I also added a link to part 2 of the story. It seems we are being penalized for making improvements.

2. Hyphenbird profile image91
      Hyphenbirdposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Becky, if one edits any time even after the Hub is released from Pending status, it starts all over again.This whole thing needs to be revisited by HP. There are serious problems.

working