How much ... on Hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (25 posts)
  1. gamergirl profile image86
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

How much FUN do you have on Hubpages?

How much LEARNING do you do on Hubpages?

How much smiling do you do because of what you read on Hubpages?

When you're dead, does the amount of money you make on Hubpages matter?

Nope.

Love and Light,
    Gamergirl

1. darkside profile image62
      darksideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Yes, because my kids will continue to spend the incoming revenue. smile

2. Peter M. Lopez profile image71
      Peter M. Lopezposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Lots of fun, a fair amount of learning, and tons of smiling.

I decided a while back I cannot write on hubpages for the money, I would only be disappointed.  I do it because I love it.

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Lots and Lots and Lots! Hurrah!

Love you, Charlotte (tss, don't tell your fiance wink )

1. funride profile image66
      funrideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Those first three are the reasons for me to be here wink

big_smile well I guess I also love Gamegirl a lot (and I don´t care if you tell your fiance tongue)

3. gamergirl profile image86

Awwww... you guys are super sweet.

I try to balance out how mean I am while playing World of Warcraft with being nice to people here.  I think most of the Hubbers I've encountered are all awesome and I will tell you all that until you're blue in the face.

4. profile image50
    broalexposted 16 years ago

Lots  of fun lets just say the income I will spend to take a trip to USA for that contest lol

5. sevenGEIN profile image60
    sevenGEINposted 16 years ago

Not much fun at all.

6. robertino profile image59
    robertinoposted 16 years ago

To be completely honest I was introduced here by someone who is selling an e-book on Hub Pages. So I initially came here for the “Traffic” . Then I posted a couple of Hubs and commented on hubs and in the forum… Knowing that the income is not that great from what other “veterans” are saying, that is not a priority.

I Enjoy mostly reading informative articles/hubs here like the one I read today on Green Tea for instance.

Here is what got me hooked on Hub pages;-)
    The add that he/she posted: “Have you got any traffic to your website this week? Or Are you like most... struggling to get even one visitor to show up? You're in luck!
    This guy got 10,658 FREE Visitors in 6 Days from a Web 2.0 property that nobody is talking about.

What could that traffic mean to you? Interested? Check this out ..."
    <snip>

1. huba7 profile image60
      huba7posted 16 years agoin reply to this

10,658 visitors? That is completely breathtaking, How can i learn for such a guru? Give me his link now!  Best wishes!

7. topstuff profile image61
    topstuffposted 16 years ago

what kind of blueprint is that,honestly im afraid them.Whats special about that.

8. About-The-Home profile image61
    About-The-Homeposted 16 years ago

I had great fun building my hubs, especially Line Dancing because it's something I love doing, and A Trip Through The Sixties because it brought back such great memories !!!

9. VioletSun profile image81
    VioletSunposted 16 years ago

Gamegirl: You asked a good question, the main reason I joined was to make some income, and though  I haven't had the chance ( sometimes I am also lazy) to write more articles or make any income,  I am  still here because I enjoy being in a diverse community of interesting and some very beautiful, talented writers.  So, as of now, I am here for the fun and inspiration!

10. gamergirl profile image86

I joined Hubpages to write, to have fun, and to watch people bring up slightly old threads of mine by linking their own hubs and advertising!

sad

11. compu-smart profile image90
    compu-smartposted 16 years ago

I have fun, and the education im learning from all these hubs is priceless and to be paid ontop of this is great..

I like writing stuff here so when people i know ask me a question i don't have to answer them i just say "read my hub" smile

When im dead i wont be able to worry about what i will earn and knowing my luck ill end up like Elvis..ill end up earning more $ when dead than alive!!

12. William F. Torpey profile image72
    William F. Torpeyposted 16 years ago

I joined hubpages because it offers a way to have my opinions reach a wider audience. I'm anxious to write about a number of up-to-date topics, but I decided early on to publish my old newspaper columns first so I won't be doing two things at once.

At the newspaper I worked for before I retired in June of 2000, I learned how to use a computer, but we were only concerned about word processing. Reporters and editors did not have access to the Internet, so I have a lot to learn.

I am having great fun at hubpages, and I have a high regard for the writers and staff here.

Hubpages has been a learning process for me, but I've gotten a tremendous amount of help from all the great people here. I'm learning more every day, although I'm still a babe in the woods -- and I may be eligible for the title of "No. 1 Dummy."

One of the great things about hubpages is the wide variety of topics the writers offer. I'm reading about many things here that I would never have given a second thought to before.

And I smile a lot, too.

13. rajasekharan profile image53
    rajasekharanposted 16 years ago

I am addicted.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
      Maddie Ruudposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Ditto.  However, it's a habit I wouldn't want to break.

14. gamergirl profile image86

Me too.

Though, I think Stacie, Whitney, Patty, Jimmy and a few other amazing Hubbers have you and me trumped. tongue

15. PCaholicDotCom profile image59
    PCaholicDotComposted 16 years ago

I am having a blast! I only have 3 hubs thus far, but I keep adding to one of them... just when I think I have thought of everything, I think of something else to add!!

It is very addicting to say the least. But the best part is the relationships I have forged with quite a few people already.

Something I didn't expect to this level..

Peter

16. Eaton Weddings profile image57
    Eaton Weddingsposted 16 years ago

I LOVE it here so far!

I only have 2 published hubs but I also have 2 more in the making.  I am constantly thinking of new topics to write about.

I really like the integrity (the encouragement for original, high quality content) in which this community aims to govern itself.

- Charlene

17. Angela Harris profile image67
    Angela Harrisposted 16 years ago

Gotta love Gamergirl.

18. gamergirl profile image86

Awww.  I love you too, Angela!

19. crazycat profile image41
    crazycatposted 16 years ago

Having fun, too. Glad that My stats are doing well. And I learn a lot of things also.

20. Angela Harris profile image67
    Angela Harrisposted 16 years ago

Gee thanks, Gamergirl. big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)