jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Should I apply for the Apprenticeship program?

1. ThompsonPen profile image78
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

Should I apply for the Apprenticeship program?

at the moment I haven't looked much into it, but I am always happy to get into anything that will enhance my writing. However, if it something that is super time consuming, it may not be something I want to get into at the moment, with the other large projects I have going on in my life at the moment as well as my full time job. But I want to get better, be a more attractive writer and increase my output. Would this be something for me?

2. Mommy Needs a Nap profile image80
    Mommy Needs a Napposted 5 years ago

I am interesting in the program, too.  I did a little research and decided to wait a little longer.  If you get accepted and have to drop out then you can't reapply, so make sure you are completely ready to commit to the six month program before you fill out the application.

3. Deepak Chaturvedi profile image71
    Deepak Chaturvediposted 5 years ago

I agree with Mommy needs a nap and want to add that to enter you need 8 hubs to qualify.So make a blue print is better.

4. adjkp25 profile image91
    adjkp25posted 5 years ago

The program can be time consuming but I learned so much from it I would have a hard time telling anyone to not try and do it.  I got by with just an hour or two a day so you don't have to lock yourself in a room to get the mandatory 8 hubs a month done.

The lessons I learned have made me a better writer and I am very confident I wouldn't have been able to learn what they teach you on my own.

5. Gary Holdaway profile image82
    Gary Holdawayposted 5 years ago

I have just joined here, and while I have had some experience in online writing in the past, my main goal is to enter the apprenticeship program. I'm fully ready to commit to the requirements, and I intend to exceed them, however I know I need to build up my reputation before even hoping to be accepted.

The amount of applicants to such a program is immense, and even great writers and popular accounts get turned away. Unless you are a prime candidate for them to pick then you will not get accepted and have to wait for what I believe to be a  six month period before applying again.

The Hubpages Team even consider the frequency of the hubs you've published before your enrolment, and like to see consistency on Hubpages and also off of it. I'd advise you to set up a blog and write on their too before applying. Once your on, your on, and providing you produce 8 quality articles a month, according to the theme of that month, you'll be extremely happy to be on there.

Make sure you are ready before applying, and I wish you good luck for when you are!

6. CZCZCZ profile image85
    CZCZCZposted 5 years ago

I would recommend it.  I have learned several things in just the first two months and look forward to continue to improve my hubs and general online writing skills through participation in the program.  It has also been a good inspiration to force myself to write more hubs in a month than a previously had done.

working