jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Which forums do you try to stay away from and why?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

Which forums do you try to stay away from and why?

2. JakeFrost profile image59
    JakeFrostposted 5 years ago

Definitely the religion and philosophy forum. I think it would be impossible not to have an argument in there. To be honest I have never checked out that forum but I hear a lot of people saying that it is complete havoc in there so I have always steered clear of it.

3. austinhealy profile image73
    austinhealyposted 5 years ago

I definitely stay away from political discussions. Always. I don't see the point and the way I was raised, we never felt the need to impose our views on others or to  embrace anybody else's opinion. I consider political inclinations a personal matter. I try to stay away from religious discussions too, for the same reasons. However, on that very topic, I noticed that it might be easier to "push my buttons". I hate to say this but I have a difficult time to deal with narrow minded people. I do respect other people's beliefs, for the simple reason that it has no bearing on my life, and I sincerely wish people would respect my choices too, and not try to sell me a slice of their favorite prophet on every possible occasion. If I ever changed my views on religion, it would have to come from me, not because somebody "converted" me. Finally, after about five months on Hubpages, I still have to look at one "How to" hubs, and experiment with any of the many recipes here. Not my thing I guess ! Hope this all makes sense to you !

4. innerspin profile image92
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

The religious forums. I believe in what I believe, everyone's entitled to their own view, no need to force your own opinion on someone else. It's not a competition.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Very succinctly stated, could not have agreed with you SO MUCH MORE!

5. Novel Treasure profile image88
    Novel Treasureposted 5 years ago

I stay away from the religion and the politics one. It just gets so heated and I don't want to be pulled into that. I believe what I believe and I let others believe what they believe.