What is the easiest way to put information to attribute a photo into your hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)
  1. profile image60
    ElleBeeposted 11 years ago

What is the easiest way to put information to attribute a photo into your hub?

I've just been putting a little description link under the photo - but it seems there is an "official" way to attribute the picture that I'm missing out on. I want to go back through and make sure I only have properly attributed photos - and I really want to learn this before I consider signing up for the apprentice program.

2. Denise Handlon profile image87
    Denise Handlonposted 11 years ago

Elle-the best suggestion I have for you is to go to the Learning Center and review the tutorial there.  The HP team has created lessons with visuals to review and apply.  Best to you...this is something I too am often puzzled about.  smile

3. Sinea Pies profile image62
    Sinea Piesposted 11 years ago

I don't know about easiest but I tend to place it in a text block at the end of the article with the title of the photo and where it came from.  Often I include a link to the site and I always set it to open in a new window so that my readers stay on the page. Don't want to lose them! smile

4. AlexK2009 profile image84
    AlexK2009posted 11 years ago

When you upload or edit a photo there are fields you can put in a source. I think that is the best way to do it, as it then appears in the Hub under the photo,.

1. profile image60
      ElleBeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Okay! That is exactly what I was looking for! I somehow missed where you put the source in, then was just adding the info in myself underneath - htought I was missing something and you confirmed that was the case. Many thanks.

5. Daisy Mariposa profile image73
    Daisy Mariposaposted 11 years ago

ElleBee,

The HubPages Learning Center is the best source for answers to questions such as yours.

You might want to read *A Guide to Proper Image Use on HubPages*...
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use

1. Millionaire Tips profile image91
      Millionaire Tipsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I found this Learning Center article very helpful as well.  It is the first lesson of the Apprentice program.

2. profile image60

Okay thank you. I use the learning center alot, but hadn't seen this article. Thanks.

6. Goody5 profile image59
    Goody5posted 11 years ago

What you are doing ElleBee is fine, but you can also enter a source on your photo capsule if you would like. I hope this helps. Keep on hubbing  smile

1. profile image60

Yeah.... I somehow missed the source part on the photo capsule. I knew there had to be an easy place like that too put it in smile

7. isenhower33 profile image65
    isenhower33posted 11 years ago

The best way is to take the pictures yourself, I know you can't always do this, but the more pictures you have on your hub with links to other sites the more it cuts down on the juice(as they call it)to your hub. Taking your own pictures is a way to cut down on that smile

8. jellygator profile image89
    jellygatorposted 11 years ago

The easiest way I've found that meets the apprentice program's standards is this:

Source: SOURCENAME via Flickr. LICENSETYPE/PERMISSION
    URL: ACTUAL URL

9. cam8510 profile image93
    cam8510posted 11 years ago

I use a lot of wikimedia photos.  Many are public domain or have attribution information stated clearly.  I put the source which is usually a person's name and then the website source they provide.  If there is no website provided, I use the wikimedia web address.  For Google, after looking for watermarks, I check to see if it states that the photo is copyrighted.  If not, I copy the web address provided.  Occasionally when I do that, a message pops up that it is copyrighted.  If not, I use it and use the web address provided for my source.   In the photo capsule,  there are two places for source information.  In the top one, I put a name or public domain.  In the second one I put a website address.  So far I haven't had an issue except once when what I thought was a lock of hair on a woman's face turned out to be a watermark.  ooops.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)