jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you always watch and listen to videos in hubs that you read?

1. Imogen French profile image85
    Imogen Frenchposted 5 years ago

Do you always watch and listen to videos in hubs that you read?

I have to admit I don't usually watch them, or sometimes only with the sound turned down. It's not that I'm not interested, it's just that I tend to use HubPages on my laptop in the living room where there is often somebody watching tv or listening to music. Now and again - if something has really caught my attention - I may come back to it when I have some peace and quiet to watch it properly.

2. Novel Treasure profile image89
    Novel Treasureposted 5 years ago

Typically, the hubs I read don't have videos attached. The few that I have watched have usually been about recipes.

I'd say I'm probably less inclined to watch a video then to watch it.

3. DrMark1961 profile image99
    DrMark1961posted 5 years ago

I usually try to attach a good video to my hubs but I have to admit I rarely am able to watch videos on other hubs. My ISP works about as well as a 1995 dial up so unless I want to spend 20 or 30 minutes I usually go on to the next hub, where I can read and not spend my time looking at the bumps on my wall.

4. Nettlemere profile image92
    Nettlemereposted 5 years ago

I usually watch them, but not often with the sound, I usually prefer ones with subtitles rather than spoken or songs in the background. Apparently the general public do prefer videos, but I suspect that most of us on hubpages are on hubpages because we like to write and read rather than watch videos/tv, so I'm guessing we'll prove to be overall less likely to view them.

5. tipstoretireearly profile image83
    tipstoretireearlyposted 5 years ago

I rarely watch videos when I read things on the Internet.  They often take too long, and I'm usually in a reading mood rather than a watching mood when I'm online.

6. Lisa HW profile image76
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

I don't.  I'm not "a video person".  When they show up in searches I get aggravated.  I'm a "words person".  I process information through auditory means and pretty much reserve my "visual means" for helping me see where I'm going (or else anything else that I really need to see).  I don't like "visual clutter", "get mean" when I try to figure out what's going on in comic strips, and get REAL mean if I ask someone something, and they start with the drawing of illustrations instead of answering in words.   (lol)  I may be the only one left in this world, but I like the dreaded "big, long, blocks of text".

BUT, I know that some people like videos (they're the visual learners of the world, I guess), so if someone wants to puts videos in his Hubs I imagine he'll get lots of people who are interested in watching them.  To each his own, as they say.   smile

Then again, I often put a music video at the end of my Hubs.  I figure if they're at the end or small, and off to the side, they don't really bother anyone who doesn't want to watch them.  Of course, again....   the auditory thing, music video.  That's different from an instructional type of thing.

working