jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Is there a way to have the links in your hub open up in a separate window?

1. btrbell profile image91
    btrbellposted 5 years ago

Is there a way to have the links in your hub open up in a separate window?

While I love to provide links and enjoy following links on other people's hubs, I find it a bit frustrating being redirected while I am still reading the hub.

2. stricktlydating profile image85
    stricktlydatingposted 5 years ago

I sometimes put a link in a text capsule because there is an option to allow the link to open in a new page, and to hide the URL behind text.  There currently isn't an option for a new window to open if you add your link into a link capsule.

btrbellposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! I didn't notice the option but will look for it!

3. Au fait profile image94
    Au faitposted 5 years ago

You can include the link in the text of your hub.  I learned to do this by reading a great hub by Sinea Pies.  It's called Readers -- How To Keep Them Longer.  Here is the URL:  http://sinea-pies.hubpages.com/hub/Readers

I recommend reading Sinea's entire hub to learn lots of good information about hubbing better, but to learn how to make your link open into a new window, scroll down to the heading:  Open In a New Window.  Her directions will walk you through the process.  It takes just a teeny bit of practice, but I always use it when I want to include a link to another site as a reference or more detailed information on my subject so that I don't lose my reader.  Follow Sinea's directions and you'll be 'linking' through a new window like a pro in no time.

Feel free to contact me if you need more info or contact Sinea.  I know she will be very helpful as she was to me.

Thank you so much. I will definitely check it out and I appreciate your offer of further support!

4. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

If you right click on the link on someone else's Hub, you can choose to open the new page in a different window or a new tab, depending on the browser and operating system you are using.

To make links pop open a new window on your hubs, you will need to edit the html of your text capsules. At the very end of your link's html, before the final > but after the ", you will need to insert this text exactly as it is written here: target="_blank" Make sure that it is all between the final  > and the " or it will not work.

Ah, thank you. I didn't know about right clicking a hub! That's great! As far as changing the html, all I can say is I will try! Code is not my strongpoint but with your specific directions, I should be able to do it! Thank you!

working