jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

Duplicates?

1. profile image0
    SirDentposted 10 years ago

I posted a hub this morning that is my own writing. After checking it later I am being told that it is a duplicate hub. Hence the message: DUPLICATE: Our system has detected a high number of duplicates of this Hub’s content on the Web. [learn more]

What do I do???

2. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 10 years ago

Recall where else you posted this same text. And pick which one you want to remain published.

3. profile image0

I can't recall ever posting it before. I did a search on google for the title and got 350,000 results. Could it just be the subject or title of it?

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 10 years ago

A lot of your articles use a lot of quotations.  That could trigger a duplicate flagging.

5. Stacie Naczelnik profile image72
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 10 years ago

The same thing happened to me a few months ago.  I had definitely written it myself.  I had never posted it anywhere else on the internet.

I believe you can send it back to HP for review, with an explanation.  I did that, and it was allowed to be published.

6. profile image0

I just deleted it. The subject of the hub is all over the internet. It is my own writing but I used a lot of Bible verses in it. No big deal really.

7. trakker14 profile image55
    trakker14posted 10 years ago

loved the picture.....

8. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 10 years ago

You can always put it forward for review.

The filter is automated, no one has flagged you. It's a matter of you putting it forward for review and one of the humans at HubPages HQ having a look over it and giving it an exemption (if it passes muster).

9. profile image0
    daflaposted 10 years ago

When I first started here, every hub I wrote came up with the page that asked if it was your original writing. I'd just click yes, and everything would be fine.  I haven't had one deleted yet.

10. profile image0

I undeleted it and put it up for review. It has been three days now and it is still flagged. Should I give another day or two or just go ahead and delete it again? ?

11. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 10 years ago

Be patient.  The Staff at Hubpages are super super busy, so just bear with it. 

Everything will clear itself up!

12. profile image0

Thanks for the help everyone. smile

13. profile image0

It's been 7 days now since I first published the hub in question.

14. profile image0

Well how silly can a man get? I unpublished it after it was flagged and kept seeing red and thought it was still under investigation. Little did I know that it was released and may have been released for a few days before I actually read about it.

I had a blond moment.hmm

15. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 10 years ago

Hooray!!!  Great to hear, SirDent!

working