Why do non-featured Hubs rejoin the pending queue when edited?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (23 posts)
  1. sleepylog profile image60
    sleepylogposted 11 years ago

Why do non-featured Hubs rejoin the pending queue when edited?

I have one non-featured hub and anytime I edit it, it gets put back in the pending queue. Why is that? It doesn't happen with any of my other hubs, which all happen to be featured.

2. sparkleyfinger profile image84
    sparkleyfingerposted 11 years ago

Incase any of the changes you have made have been enough to make it a featured hub, perhaps? It has to be reviewed to see if the standard has changed? That's all I can think of!

sleepylogposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ah OK, that makes sense. Thank you for taking the time to reply smile

2. mary615 profile image83
      mary615posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think that is the reason, too.  I'm sorry about that, because when I write a new Hub, I always see something I need to correct.  I hesitate to do it, but I must.  The last Hub I wrote I misspelled a word in the Title!  I had to edit it, so.....

3. sparkleyfinger profile image84
      sparkleyfingerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No problem. I know what you mean about misspelling, although because I'm in the uk, a lot of the errors are because I'm on an American site... Or because I'm on an American computer! Lol.  I sometimes use both spellings to increase traffic!

4. sleepylog profile image60

Same in Australia where we use British english. Maybe I'll start spelling both ways too if it helps increase  traffic.

3. Goody5 profile image59
    Goody5posted 11 years ago

After you finish editing one of your hubs it takes about 24 hours or so before it's featured. This is why the pending symbol shows up after you have edited your hub. After about 24 hours the featured symbol will be visible in the spot next to your hub. That's just the way that the Hub Pages decided to handle it.

Yes I know all that. I was asking about a hub that ISN'T featured and has already been approved.

4. profile image0
    jambo87posted 11 years ago

Weird. I thought the review process was supposed to happen to every hub, featured or not, every time it is edited.

Yes you would think so because what's to stop someone from changing a 'featured' hub and lowering its quality? When will those changes be picked up for that hub to be demoted?

5. mizjo profile image65
    mizjoposted 11 years ago

sleepylog, I'm totally in the dark about this.  When I 'publish' a hub, I get a message that it might take 24 hours to be approved or whatever, and then I see it up there.

6. paul pruel profile image73
    paul pruelposted 11 years ago

The same as mine but I understand it is still under the process for quality assessment and once it passes HubPages standard you will see the "H" symbol. Mine is already 72 hours on pending status. Now I am planning to bring it back to unpublished status and offer it to other paying sites I am also writing for.

Wow 72 hours on pending is a long time! Have you been editing it in pending mode? Because if you edit a pending hub, it will automatically go back to the start of the 'pending' queue... so another 24 hours' wait.

2. paul pruel profile image73
      paul pruelposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I published it on December 10. On December 12, I re-edit it again by adding a quiz capsule. The hub score has reached so far to 78 and the total views garnered has reached to at least 60. From December 13 til now - the hub is still on pending status.

3. sleepylog profile image60

That's really strange. And there are no warnings associated with that hub?

4. paul pruel profile image73
      paul pruelposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes. There was no warning associated with the hub and it is still on pending status. Maybe today or tomorrow I'll bring it back to unpublished and offer it to other publishing sites.

7. mpropp profile image82
    mproppposted 11 years ago

Every time I edit a featured hub, it always goes back to featured immediately. I think if it is already featured, that means that it was reviewed for content and approved. The only thing that makes it go "idle" or "non-featured" is lack of page views. So, the edits you make to a featured hub don't send it back to the full review, or pending status. Now, if the hub wasn't featured and you make edits, it goes back for a full review and most likely will become "featured" again. Then, if the page views go down again, it will once again be idled...
    I'm making some assumptions, since they don't tell us the exact formula for what is featured and what is not...but this has been my personal experience.

Yes, but why does a featured hub get to go back to featured immediately after an edit? Editing a hub doesn't mean it's going to be as good or better as the one that was initially featured. I think once a hub is approved it should stay that way.

2. mpropp profile image82
      mproppposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think once it is featured, the only way to make it un-featured is by lack of views. They don't review it again as carefully as the first time. They assume it is still as good or better than before.  If it isn't, views drop and hub goes idle.

8. viveresperando profile image65
    viveresperandoposted 11 years ago

Non-featured hubs go into pending for review again.  I have been successful in editing my idle hubs and they have been turned into feature.  (Getting a better idea of what is expected and making better quality hubs).  I will give another go in January my idle ones to see what can I do to make them better, I have about three that are still idle.  Keep working at it.  You already made the article and improving it can give you great satisfaction once it becomes a featured hub. smile

9. safiq ali patel profile image68
    safiq ali patelposted 11 years ago

You may have your answer already. I think Hub return to pending especially if you have made significant changes. That is so that Hub Pages can check the revised content before it is made available to the public.

10. theodoresumrall profile image57
    theodoresumrallposted 11 years ago

It also depends on how major change you have made to the existing hub. As far as I believe, if you change the entire pattern your hub is more likely to go for queue.

11. sleepylog profile image60
    sleepylogposted 11 years ago

Thank you to everyone who answered my question, you have really cleared this up for me. A big THANK YOU to all of you.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)