jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Second week hubbing, I'd love some insight/feedback from my fellow hubbers....

1. Lil Ms KnowItAll profile image59
    Lil Ms KnowItAllposted 5 years ago

Second week hubbing, I'd love some insight/feedback from my fellow hubbers....

I've recently started hubbing and wanted to ask for your feedback on my articles. I'm looking for constructive criticism and insight to what I've shared. Please give your  thoughts.

2. writinglover profile image86
    writingloverposted 5 years ago

I just read one of your hubs, the one on infidelity, and I must say that it rocked! As I said, I look forward to the next part of that hub! smile

3. Lil Ms KnowItAll profile image59
    Lil Ms KnowItAllposted 5 years ago

Thank you, and thanks also for even taking the time out to read my hub/s. Your insight as an experienced writer means a lot to me. That particular hub is one of my favorites out of the few that I've written thus far. I'll be posting the next portion soon :-)

4. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Okay you asked so I hope you will understand I am being helpful. First of all out of the 3 hubs I clicked on none were the suggested 300-500 words. I'm not sure if one of them was even 100 words. On top of that you are writing on alot of topics that are not evergreen. In other words after a while no one is going to be looking up that pop star smoking a blunt. So no one will be viewing these. Also sometimes it take a little while for google to even pick up your articles so by the time they do your topics won't be of interest to anyone anymore. I just tried googling your bieber one and could not find it in google. Articles should have a start, middle, and end. Yours are not long enough to have that. So if you are looking to make money here then you will need to think about some of that. You may want to start at the learning center. There is tons of great advice there. If you are here just for fun then no need to change anything. Good Luck and Welcome to HP!

5. duffsmom profile image62
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Hi there and welcome to Hubpages.  I do not criticize Hubs or writers unless asked.  And so that is the only reason I would venture forth an opinion. I read a few of your hubs and scanned through your index of hubs. 

I would say your writing style is very peppy and upbeat.  But - and I am saying this with a smile on my face - your topics are more like celebrity current event items and won't hold up over time...meaning in a matter of weeks or even days, they will be old news.   People looking for celebrity gossip will likely head to Yahoo! rather then hit a search engine to find info.

My suggestions is to read other hubbers work and see what is making them money.  I believe the biggest market is for informative articles on a variety of topics rather than celebrity highlights.

Just some thoughts.  Keep writing.

6. profile image0
    Deepes Mindposted 5 years ago

I've read the articles that were most interesting to me (which were the ones that had more to do  with life rather than celebrity life). They were well written in my opinion. I'm fairly new here as well and have no idea on how to boost views and increase earnings but I encourage you to keep writing more life type of hubs.

working