jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

How long did it take you to generate your 1st pay out?

1. Lil Ms KnowItAll profile image60
    Lil Ms KnowItAllposted 5 years ago

How long did it take you to generate your 1st pay out?

I'm experimenting with Hubpages as a lucrative writing venue. I want straight answers on whether or not any of my fellow hubbers have and are earning money producing hubs.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I've been here for almost two years and I'm still quite a ways from making any kind of payout. Good thing I'm doin' Hubpages mainly for fun. I'll get to a payout eventually.

3. daisydayz profile image86
    daisydayzposted 5 years ago

I can be totally truthful and honest for you! I shall get my first payout this month! It has taken 9 months of fairly hard work to get to the $50 limit. My account currently stands at $89 so my January pay will be quite nice. But that was helped hugely by a post that went mental over Christmas to be honest, which has dropped into non existence now. I have a hub on this actually if your interested. called my Hubpage story - from the beginning. You can see my monthly income in comparison to the number of hubs I had.

4. Lil Ms KnowItAll profile image60
    Lil Ms KnowItAllposted 5 years ago

Thank you both for being so open and straight forward with me, I've only been hubbing a little while and wanted to make sure that it was worth my time and hard work.

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Hello Lil,
    I reached my first payout after being here 4 months. I was paid the following month on the 28th. If you reach the threshold in the middle of the pay period you will be payed the following month on the 28th.

6. cprice75 profile image89
    cprice75posted 5 years ago

It took about nine months to get to $50 for me. I did not have the ad program set up for the first 3 months, though, so it's probably more like six month in all actuality.

7. DrMark1961 profile image99
    DrMark1961posted 5 years ago

Hey Lil Ms I had my first payout after my fourth month. There are a lot of brilliant writers here so if I can do, it can be done!
    If you are going to make an income off of this site, however, you are going to have to write a lot more. Your production to date would be okay for someone who had been on HP about 15 days.
    If you do not have good and interesting hubs to write at this point this is not likely to be a lucrative writing venue.

1. Lil Ms KnowItAll profile image60
      Lil Ms KnowItAllposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your feedback, in actuality, I've only started writing here 11 days ago {even though I signed up last year} so according to your calculations, I'm right on target.

2. DrMark1961 profile image99
      DrMark1961posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great, at that rate you will make it. Just keep on working and you will eventually earn. It starts out really slow, however, so be patient.

working