After how much time you got your first payment from HubPages?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (46 posts)
  1. bhattuc profile image79
    bhattucposted 19 months ago

There are a large number of writers contributing in hubpages. Depending upon the  quality and popularity of their work they must be receiving the payments from hubpages.
    I want to know how much time it took for your first payment?  If you share this information it will be a good guideline for the writers who are still waiting for their first payment inspite of so many featured articles to their credit.

1. bravewarrior profile image84
      bravewarriorposted 19 months agoin reply to this

I joined in November 2011 but didn't receive my first payout until August 2013. Since then, I make payout every two to three months. Considering I haven't posted anything new in over two years, I'm okay with the residual passive income, especially since I'm still working full time in the field of accounting and bring home a hefty paycheck each week.

bhattucposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Oh! Remarkable. Have a good day.

2. Amara Hassan profile image88
      Amara Hassanposted 19 months agoin reply to this

I made my first payout after nine months. Now I get after 2 to 3 months. I have noticed some niche sites like reelrundown ad program is not working very properly. I get most of my views from there but earning is way less than the impressions i get daily, just because I guess there ad program is not working properly.

2. MsDora profile image92
    MsDoraposted 19 months ago

I received my first payout in my 13th month. After that, there were a few months here and there when I didn't make it. Since June 2018, I've been paid every month. This January has been the most difficult month since then, but I'll still make payout, thank God.

3. bhattuc profile image79

Dora, I feel you are doing quite good. You have 359 articles publishes. That is a big number. All the best.

4. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 19 months ago

I was a member at HubPages for two years before I even joined the Ad program, then after I joined that it took me a year before I reached the $50 first payout.

So practically it was 3 years.
      Anyway, it is remarkable that you got first payment in 1 year after joining the Ad program.

5. Jodah profile image90

Yes, three years.

6. ravirajan01 profile image96
    ravirajan01posted 19 months ago

It takes time, Umesh. I took me 14 months for the 1st payout. I think the time taken is relative. Some authors make it faster; some take more than 2-3 years. Ultimately it all boils down to a handful of articles that do well, resulting in the payout.

Well said.

2. janshares profile image93
      jansharesposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Very true, Ravi. Only a handful of my articles are generating earnings for payouts.

3. profile image0
      yourrandombrotherposted 19 months agoin reply to this

I agree it takes time to get your first payout and it depends on many factors as the whole game is to rank your article on google's page, the time it takes to make it to that level is relative.

7. ChitrangadaSharan profile image93
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 19 months ago

Hello Umesh ji,
    I will complete 11 years on HubPages in April 2023.
    When I had joined HubPages, we were required to register for the Ad sense program, to get payments. And, for the Asian country’s applicants, it took at least 6 months and 25 featured articles, to get approved in the Adsense program.
    As far as I remember, my Adsense was approved in the 8th or 9th month after joining, and I had published more than 40 articles, by then.
    I received my first payment in the 16th month, after joining .
    So, as others have mentioned, it takes time, and many other factors determine, when we start receiving payments.

Nice.

8. PaulGoodman67 profile image98
    PaulGoodman67posted 19 months ago

The ad program didn't exist when I joined. It was all about Adsense and Amazon, which had their own systems.

When they did introduce the Hub Ads, I believe it took me around 5 months to get the first payout.

Great.

9. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 19 months ago

To make money here you need to get most of your articles onto niche sites. Featured articles on Discover don't earn much and Letterpile seems to generate very little income. I see that your articles are mostly on Discover and Letterpile, So, it's going to take a while.

Thanks for the valuable information. Appreciate much.

10. Eurofile profile image100
    Eurofileposted 19 months ago

It seems like I have the unenviable record of over 30 months. Any tips on how to speed up earnings would be much appreciated.

1. Misbah786 profile image81
      Misbah786posted 19 months agoin reply to this

Not sure if you are using Pinterest to promote your articles, but I used to do it before, and it sometimes drives traffic to articles. I guess in your case it will be pretty helpful as you mostly write about travel. I guess it will help, and you can try it if you haven't yet! smile
      Much Love and Blessings!

1. Eurofile profile image100
        Eurofileposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Thank you, Misbah. On the advice of another hubber I started using Pinterest around 2-3 years ago. I think it has helped a little.

1. Misbah786 profile image81
          Misbah786posted 19 months agoin reply to this

No problem! smile
          Best wishes!

2. Brenda Arledge profile image82
      Brenda Arledgeposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Liz. .
      Go to Facebook and research writing groups.
      Many of them will let you share your work.

This group here is from our own Margaret Minnicks
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/1837956 … tid=NSMWBT

Hubpages Gain more traffic
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/2922746 … tid=NSMWBT

I just found this one.. not sure what it is but it might be for you.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/1482406 … tid=NSMWBT

Thank you very much. That's really helpful. I think I am going to have to admit defeat with my Facebook resistance and sign up.

3. bhattuc profile image79

Seeing the plight of many other writers, 30 months is not much. Please keep up your good work.

11. Brenda Arledge profile image82
    Brenda Arledgeposted 19 months ago

It took me somewhere between a year and a half to 2 years to get my first payout.

Then the next payout was months apart...probably 6 or so.
    Right now, it still takes about 5 months.

Most of my work is poetry and featured in LetterPile, so it's slow going.

Perhaps it also has alot to do with how many followers you have and if your topic gets the attention of google.

Brenda, you are doing a good job. Your weekly word challenge is quite popular. I always get inspired by that. Have a good day.

1. Brenda Arledge profile image82

Thank you Umesh

12. Misbah786 profile image81
    Misbah786posted 19 months ago

I am not writing on HubPages for quite a few months now; I guess if I had stayed consistent in producing content on HubPages, I would have made it about 6 months ago; however, I will be making my first payout next month; I reached the threshold this month after 2 years. smile
    I wish you the best of luck!
    Blessings always!

Congratulations. It takes a while. I hope future payouts come quicker for you.

1. profile image0
        savvydatingposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Is “The Arena Platform” an entity used to make PayPal payments through Hubpages?

2. bhattuc profile image79

Great. Keep going. Blessings.

13. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 19 months ago

I joined HP in August of 2012, it took me 9 months to get my first payout. I was writing 2 to 3 articles a month at first, then slowed down maybe in January/February. My payouts were coming every other month until 2017 when I received monthly payments through 2018 and most of 2019 and 2020. Then payments slowed back down mid to late 2020 to every other month. Since 2021, if has gotten progressively worse where every other month or every 2 months became the norm. 2022 was very sporadic. I did not receive a payout for Dec 2022 or for this month.

I write quality, evergreen articles and have over 100, so I don't think that's the problem. It's out of my control. Of course, I could write more but it doesn't seem worth it because CPM and daily earnings are at an all-time low for me. And Google does whatever it wants. I'm at a point where I'm deciding which poem articles to take down and add to my poetry book I'm working on. I'm only writing the occasional poem article here as part of the wonderful community with Brenda's prompts.

You have come a long way. Interesting journey. Good work. Stay blessed.

2. Brenda Arledge profile image82

Thanks Janis...
      I'm happy to be a part of it.

Goodluck with your book.

14. WryLilt profile image85
    WryLiltposted 19 months ago

I think it took me ten months to receive my first Adsense payout (back before the Hubpages program). For awhile, I was earing $800 a month, but these days I usually just make payout on two accounts.

That is great.

2. Amara Hassan profile image88
      Amara Hassanposted 19 months agoin reply to this

800$ a month is really remarkable.

15. Jodah profile image90

The Arena Group is now the owner of HubPages, and has been for some time.

1. profile image0

Lol. I guess it would make sense for me to read the monthly HP news.

I don’t recall getting any notification about payment. Do you get notification.

You get an email from PayPal when payment has been submitted.

1. profile image0

Thank you. I’ll check my spam. That being said, I do gloss over emails.

Payouts are distributed on the 28th of each month, provided you've met the $50 threshold by the prior month. Check your email on the 28th.

1. profile image0

Thanks so much. Never knew.

16. bhattuc profile image79

Thanks to all for providing relevant information.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)