jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Can I remove a hub and use it elsewhere?

1. chefmancave profile image86
    chefmancaveposted 5 years ago

Can I remove a hub and use it elsewhere?

I started my own blog and I would like to take several of my poorly performing hubs and use them on the new blog. If I unpublish the hub and move it to the blog will Google view this as "duplicated content"?

2. Becky Katz profile image85
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

If you do not move them to the new site immediately, you will have no problem. Take them off of here, wait until they no longer show on a Google search and then put them in the new spot. It takes two to three weeks, I believe. I have not done this but several who move theirs around have mentioned that this is what they do.

chefmancaveposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for heads up.

3. written profile image50
    writtenposted 5 years ago

I can't give you a solid answer, but one way to check if your page is indexed in Google is to put quotation marks (") around the url in the search box. Your page will show up if it is indexed or will say "no results found" if it is not. You could try deleting a hub and check every so often to see. Just an idea.

Thanks for the tip about Google. Seems like every time I ask a question that involves Google, I find out a new trick or tip.

4. Geekdom profile image92
    Geekdomposted 5 years ago

I have transferred Hubs to my personal site before. 
    1.Transfer the Hub over to your site. (Do not publish it)
    2. Unpublish or Delete your Hub on HubPages
    3. Wait 1 week.
    4. Then Publish the article on your site.

(they say wait 2 to 3 days but every now and then I had trouble.  By waiting one week there was never an issue.)

1. Kelley Eidem profile image57
      Kelley Eidemposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't understand. Why should an author have to wait a week before transferring THEIR work and making it live on THEIR website?

If I cancel my hub article, Hubpages shouldn't have any say in what I do with MY work or the timing of its publication.

2. dailytop10 profile image89
      dailytop10posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think it's not about hubpages. Transferring your hub to a site without waiting for a certain period of time might confuse google bots and consider your content as copied.

3. chefmancave profile image86

Thank you for the Step by Step. I voted your response as the Best Answer.

4. Marisa Wright profile image97
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Kelley, it's not HubPages that's the problem, they don't care what you do with it once it's unpublished.  If the OP was transferring to another rev-sharing site, the new site would care because none of them allow duplicate content.

5. Marisa Wright profile image97
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

If you're transferring the Hubs to your own blog (i.e. not to a revenue-sharing site), just unpublish them and transfer them immediately. 

It's a complete myth that Google dislikes duplicate content. The only reason you need to worry about duplicate content is that when Google finds multiple copies of an article, it will rank one and dump the rest.  That's not an issue in this case.

Google is supposed to rank the original and dump the copies, and you wouldn't think it would be hard for them to work out which is which - however they do get it wrong quite frequently, which is why it's a good idea to go after people who are copying your Hubs, just in case they get ranked and your original gets dumped.

working