jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Why does my Hub have Text-Enhance ads on it?

1. nicomp profile image68
    nicompposted 5 years ago

Why does my Hub have Text-Enhance ads on it?

I didn't configure this advertising and I don't have an account as far as I know. How did these links get into my hubs? How do I turn them off?

2. Caleb DRC profile image80
    Caleb DRCposted 5 years ago

Hi nicomp, I can't answer either question, but I have an opinion on it. These ads are everywhere, not just here. I think companies as hubpages allow these ads for, perhaps, a fee. I've been typing (linked) after my links so the reader knows it is my link. The reason is I found one advertiser with these ads on my hubs lying.  Not knowing who is doing the advertising, I do not want people to think I endorse the ads; therefore, I type (linked) when I'm doing the linking.

3. Au fait profile image94
    Au faitposted 5 years ago

I didn't know what you were talking about so I Googled "What are text-enhanced ads?"  I got a whole page of answers and apparently it's related to malware and Spam.  Have you offended anyone lately?  Just kidding.  Why don't you Google the same thing I did and see if you find something that will help you figure this out? wink

There were even directions on how to remove the ads.  Check it out.

4. krbalram profile image58
    krbalramposted 5 years ago

If you have google adsense account ,then by these ads you can earn revenue but if you don't have account then hubpages who is serving these ads,will earn revenue from this.

1. Caleb DRC profile image80
      Caleb DRCposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Now there is some valuable information; thankyou Krbalram.