When leaving your comments on others' hubs, how do you prioritize?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)
  1. midget38 profile image87
    midget38posted 11 years ago

When leaving your comments on others' hubs, how do you prioritize?

It can be a little difficult to comment on everyone's hubs at one sitting. Would you prioritize by
    1) leaving comments for those who have commented on your hubs first
    2) Going through your feed
    3) Responding to email notifications?
    With so many comments to return, which has proven to be the most effective method of commenting for you?

2. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 11 years ago

Midget....You're right...commenting can be a challenge.  I usually respond to my notifications, a few at a time......take a break......and try to do a few more, so they don't pile up.  I don't really prioritize.  I just take them in the order I receive them.  If I'm extremely bogged down, with a busy schedule, I may respond a little later than most hubbers, but I do try to get to everyone's hub, eventually.
    If I receive 4 and 5 hubs from one hubber in a 24 hour period (which does happen)  I may only comment on 2 of them.  Some of the SUPER hubbers are nearly impossible to keep up with...although I give them credit for staying so active......
    Every once in a while, I will comment on a random hub, that I run across, just because it attracted my attention.  Like a good friend recently said, "We can only do as much as we can do!"

midget38posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Paula, indeed, it can be quite a difficult task to get to the hubs of all who read your work, and there are so many great ones to read!! Amazing how some can writer 4 or 5 a day, wow!! Thanks for sharing!!

3. tillsontitan profile image81
    tillsontitanposted 11 years ago

I follow a pattern similar to Paula's.  However, when I am pressed for time or have too many hubs to read, I will skip over those I haven't heard from in a long time.  I know we are all busy but you know, "one hand washes the other".  Some hubbers become fans, read one hub and then never show up again!
    For my true friends, I read every hub I can and always leave a comment cause you guys are just so darn good and mean so much to me.

midget38posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Mary, I can very understand the way you prioritize!! I appreciate you coming to visit my hubs as well!! And it's a pleasure connecting with you!

4. Stephanie Henkel profile image94
    Stephanie Henkelposted 11 years ago

I think my system is a little random compared to some other organized hubbers! I look at my feed first thing in the morning and if something catches my eye --especially if it's one of my followers who often comments on my work, then I will read and comment. Sometimes I read without commenting, but I usually vote and frequently share or pin.  I like to check out hubs of people who have left me comments and the new hubs in my notifications, but I don't always have time to read and comment on all.  There are some writers who post something every day. Good writers as they may be, they are too prolific for me to read and comment on everything. Once a week or so, I do a little hub hopping as that's one way to see what new people are doing. Sometimes I leave a comment, sometimes I vote up or down, sometimes I just skip over it.

Just a thought about commenting and reading hubs...although it's a valuable way to support  our colleagues, and we certainly can learn much from each other, I sometimes find myself doing it as way of procrastinating when I should be writing! We can't do it all!

5. Becky Katz profile image79
    Becky Katzposted 11 years ago

I will go through my feed and comment on things that catch my interest. Then I will comment on those that have commented on mine. Then I check my notifications and comment on any that I have missed. If I have time, I will go through those that I follow and see if they have anything I have not read. I do have more time than most of y'all. I am caretaker for my disabled husband and he sleeps a lot. I do need to stick around the house when he is home in case he has a problem.

6. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 11 years ago

I will respond to the comments on my hub first, follow back those who had followed me and read their hubs, leave comments. Since less people leave fan mail or comments on my hubs, I don't have problem with answering or responding them, usually less than 5 per day, no sweat!

7. Lipnancy profile image78
    Lipnancyposted 11 years ago

I read the hubs of all the people that I follow no matter what. I try to make a comment on every hub if I can think of an intelligent statement. If a person has many hubs that I do not like, I simply stop following them.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)