jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Can you block a guest commenter?

1. purplmama profile image77
    purplmamaposted 5 years ago

Can you block a guest commenter?

Right now I have a guest commenter that is leaving strange and harassing comments. I know that we can simply deny comments, but can I actually BLOCK him or her from being able to participate in a hub, so that I don't even have to deal with the comments?  If I didn't know better, I'd think that this person knows me. I'm sorry, but I've looked and I can't seem to find the answer to this exact question.

Thanks much!

2. Goody5 profile image70
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

You can easily edit your comment section where you have to approve all incoming comments before they are visible to anyone else but yourself. You'll still see them, and you can delete them so no one else can see the nasty comments. Eventually the person will give up because they won't even know what is happening to their commenst. I think I said all of this correctly. Just simple edit your hub, then edit your comment block, and check the box next to the option which works best for you.

1. Goody5 profile image70
      Goody5posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I also wrote a hub which may help you out as well - http://goody5.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-d … -hub-pages

3. Anti-Valentine profile image97
    Anti-Valentineposted 5 years ago

I read in the forums a while back that if you mark the comments as spam, eventually that IP address will be blocked. Correct me if I'm wrong.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

No you can not, but you can delete any comment you wish.

Sadly, stalkers on the internet are something we all have to deal with from time to time.