jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why have some of my good quality hubs been taken of the 'featured' list?

1. TravelinJack profile image82
    TravelinJackposted 5 years ago

Why have some of my good quality hubs been taken of the 'featured' list?

I just checked my account today and noticed that a few of my hubs no longer have the 'featured' tab next to it.  They are good hubs and have high scores, what gives?!

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

No problem. They just need to be tweeked a bit. Just do some simple editing and they will become featured again in around 24 hours.

3. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

It means they aren't generating enough search traffic and need to be updated or revised to make them more search engine friendly.

4. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

Your hubs are not getting enough views and traffic are low. You need to update those hubs and resubmit again.

5. Maggie Bennett profile image72
    Maggie Bennettposted 5 years ago

Yesterday I changed the photo for my non featured hub to one I found in the public domain.  Like magic it is featured again. Copyright was my problem, and might be your problem also.  I then went and re-tweaked a few others and those scores have gone up also. Good luck.

6. CrescentSkies profile image89
    CrescentSkiesposted 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure hubpages is just covering up its own mistakes by trying to claim that your hubs are at fault when it's really them who've made the hubs so search engine unfriendly big_smile

7. MarieAlana1 profile image71
    MarieAlana1posted 5 years ago

It means that it has not had enough "action" recently whether it be you did not edit it recently or you did not have enough traffic to it recently. I would update it with another picture, video, table, or even a poll. You could also change up the summary on it. After this, it should be able to be featured again.

8. Brinafr3sh profile image79
    Brinafr3shposted 5 years ago

I also have the same thing, a few of my hubs are not featured either. Just "update" the hubs with content, media, and/or a couple of links. We just have to update the hubs from time to time, most sites don't give their members the 'heads up' if their sites are dropping in search rankings or needs updated content. I updated 1-2 hubs a day to be re-featured.