jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

How important is it to revise hubs that are no longer featured?

1. vocalcoach profile image99
    vocalcoachposted 4 years ago

How important is it to revise   hubs that are no longer featured?

I'm noticing some of my featured hubs missing the "H" and no longer featured. These are well written with absolutely no typos (I'm anal about that) and I have followed all the rules. Do you revise these hubs before writing new ones, or just re-write them now and then?  Thanks for your help.

2. Oscarlites profile image38
    Oscarlitesposted 4 years ago

you know, you could spend time and eternity to rewrite, repost and rethink all that you have done.. look at it as a baby you have delivered.. and the fact until it is discovered and carried to famedon, it is what it is. keep writing and realize that advertising is an entire different carreer.,  so, maybe good to allocate time to advertise, but keep your purest skills for the writing process itself.. moj.

vocalcoachposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good advice.  Thanks.

3. Goody5 profile image69
    Goody5posted 4 years ago

It's your hard work and your choice to revise your hubs to make them featured once again on the hub pages. I keep all of my hubs under the feature status, and here's a quick fix to edit your hubs and get them back into the lime light - http://goody5.hubpages.com/hub/Quick-fi … led-status

I read your hub - good suggestions.  Thanks.

4. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

what i did was add in more information, add in video, capsules and poll. It got featured in the next 24hrs.

Thanks peachpurple.

5. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 4 years ago

I check through my account daily - a few minutes work - and if the H is missing I revise that hub immediately. It doesn't happen that often!!
    I add a new video or photo and insert fresh writing where it's needed. Within a day the hub is featured again. I've done this perhaps 3 times in the last three months or so.

Yes, this sounds good.  Thanks.

6. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 4 years ago

I am not sure that it has a great amount of value. HP wants to judge things more on "visual content" and "box checking" than on the quality of the word content which is the "make or break" fiber of a good writer.   A marginal writer with lots of pictures is like a pig with lipstick...it's still a pig but maybe a bit better looking. I more inclined to take some of my unfeatured hubs to other places and see if they can gain more appreciation there.  The longer I am here, the less rhyme or reason there is to some of the things that go on.  ~WB

" A marginal writer with lots of pictures is like a pig with lipstick...it's still a pig but maybe a bit better looking."  I'm so glad you've shared your thoughts on this. I really needed to hear your comments Wayne. Thank You.

7. tillsontitan profile image88
    tillsontitanposted 4 years ago

I will make adjustments now and then.  It'll get them featured again for awhile but if they don't pick up new readers they will get dropped again.  Sometimes its so hard to tell what worksk and what doesn't...not to mention why.

Wondering if it might be better to post the low traffic hubs on another site like wizzley, etc.

Closed to reply

working