jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

How much time do you spend on HubPages every day compared to other websites?

1. smw1962 profile image81
    smw1962posted 4 years ago

How much time do you spend on HubPages every day compared to other websites?

How many hours do you spend on HubPages every day compared to other websites you work for?  I'm new to HubPages but have written for other sites (Helium, Squidoo, Infobarrel, and WebAnswers), so I'm curious how these all compare in regards to time spent.

2. barbat79 profile image75
    barbat79posted 4 years ago

I keep the window open and review, read as I can.  So compared to others, I am on this site about the same number of hours. I spend more time when I am into hubbing and reading hubs.  I am also new compared to many hubbers.

3. Cantuhearmescream profile image81
    Cantuhearmescreamposted 4 years ago

I’m embarrassed to say that I spend almost all of my time on HubPages, I have thousands of unopened emails and my kids haven’t eaten in days. I’m not sure it’s paying off. I think my family is plotting an intervention.

4. GiancarloLorenzo profile image75
    GiancarloLorenzoposted 4 years ago

I spend time on ESPN way more.  I'm honestly not on hubpages enough as I should be.  But I'm trying to make time.

5. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 4 years ago

If you're referring to writing sites, I write ONLY at HP.  Tried out three or 4 other sites (Squidoo and Examiner among them), did not like any but HubPages, and haven't even looked elsewhere since mid-2009.

6. TheKatsMeow profile image89
    TheKatsMeowposted 4 years ago

I spend the most amount of time on Hubpages compared to other sites. I will leave hubpages open all day long and check on different things throughout the day. I am on other writing sites but don't use them nearly as much, for example squidoo might be checked once or twice a week and I might spend an hour on their tops.

7. Doc Snow profile image98
    Doc Snowposted 4 years ago

More.  I'd stop there, but you can't post a four-letter answer.

8. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Hubpages, an hour. Facebook, two hours. I'm not really on other websites. Checking msn only takes about 5 minutes per day.

9. shanmarie profile image79
    shanmarieposted 4 years ago

More time than I should.  I didn't used to spend so much time, but lately I find that there are so many interesting things to read here.  And I love he interaction between other hubbers.

10. molometer profile image83
    molometerposted 4 years ago

I have become much more disciplined, in the time I spend on all sites now. Hubpages almost took over my every spare minute, for several months until the men in white coats cam knocking on the door. I even wrote about it to see if it was just me. It wasn't hubpages is chock full of reading and writing addicts.

It can be more than a little addictive. In a good sense though. You just have to take a break every now and then. To eat, sleep and maybe talk to another human using your mouth and ears.
    It is amazing how quickly face to face communication skills can be eroded.

A worrying trend that I have seen in recent years, is that some people cannot converse in the real world. They seem to have lost this ability.
    However they seem to be able to text forever and live on Facebook.
    Anthropologically fascinating.

11. profile image0
    KEPitzposted 4 years ago

I spend more time on HubPages than other websites lately. I may spend an hour or so every day or every other day  during the week, but I'll spend many hours here on the weekends. I love the topics and the variety of authors and opinions that I find here.

12. ComfortB profile image87
    ComfortBposted 4 years ago

I don't keep track. lol. Sometimes 4 hours. Most time all day. That's bad.

13. cuttler profile image61
    cuttlerposted 4 years ago

Initially, when I started, I would spend hours on end on hub pages. However, nowadays I have restricted my time mostly to evening hours after work and the occasional one or two minutes during the day when I check on my stats and how my hubs are fairing during the day. Weekends will find me on hubpages like throughout.
    So, compared to other sites, I think most of my time on the net is spent on Hub pages

working