jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

The more I participate, the more my rating drops?

1. yarddog2k profile image61
    yarddog2kposted 5 years ago

The more I participate, the more my rating drops?

A few days ago my rating was up to 88. After participating in questions and forums for several days, now my rating is 80. I don't get it.

2. carol7777 profile image89
    carol7777posted 5 years ago

Sometimes it really puzzles me..I have not a clue..However, keep writing, and doing what you are doing and it will work out.  The scores are really not important..it is about views you get...

3. ChitrangadaSharan profile image54
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 5 years ago

This is difficult to assess or understand. Mine has also dropped from 93 and is stuck up at 89 since the last one month. And this when I have been active everyday.
    We can't do anything about this. Just keep writing-------

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I hear you. My score has been static for some time. I have added hubs, participate daily in questions etc. and the score will not move. I have no true idea how it is calculated.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image61
      Lady Guinevereposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's the same for me too.

5. gags3480 profile image72
    gags3480posted 5 years ago

Happens with me all the time. Mine never goes above 83, even if I am actively hubbing. But, it's better to leave seeing it & keep the good work on!!!!!

6. Diana Lee profile image81
    Diana Leeposted 5 years ago

It's only a number. I'm not sure what brings it up or down, but if you are active here at all the score should stay near the top. Do what you do best and don't worry about it. There's no money in a high score anyways.

7. profile image60
    DJ Andersonposted 5 years ago

Good question!
    And, my hub scores have been tumbling.
    I thought that once a hub received a score, it was there to stay.  Not so.
    I do not write regularly, and do not have a strong following.

I've watched my featured hubs lose their 'feature' and scores plummet.
    It is discouraging, to say the least.

Hope you find an answer.
    DJ.

8. earner profile image88
    earnerposted 5 years ago

To make your score go up and stay up, you need to be spending a reasonable amount of time driving relevant traffic to your hubs.

e.g. it's better to be posting on a relevant forum or website elsewhere and linking back to your writing here..... without spamming.  Or writing an article where your sub-domain is in the resources box. 

Apart from that .... it'll always go up and down and it's best to ignore it and just get on with writing, commenting, linking as you see fit.

9. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
    LoisRyan13903posted 5 years ago

My score had dropped to and stayed at 1 for a while.  Overall it didn't hurt my hub traffic.  I think it just shows people how active you are on HP

working