jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

How long did it take you to reach the minimum payout of $50?

1. profile image58
    Woodpecker27posted 4 years ago

How long did it take you to reach the minimum payout of $50?

How long did it take you to make enough money to receive a payout and how many hubs had you written.  Also, how much traffic had you generated?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Been here two years, haven't gotten anywhere near it yet. Still waiting.  My traffic is low as I write mostly poetry and I do not SEO optimization or that kind of thing. Frankly, I don't understand all that stuff.

1. peachpurple profile image81
      peachpurpleposted 4 years agoin reply to this

@ really? But your hubscore and hubs are fabulous !!! I can't believe that you had not reach your first payout yet. Sorry to hear that.

3. Escobana profile image73
    Escobanaposted 4 years ago

Same here:-) Still waiting and getting closer but traffic is low and I don't work much on linking, SEO and other ways to improve my numbers.

However I'm not passionate about numbers or the big bukcs I could make on Hubpages. I'm in love with the possibility to write about whatever topic that sets my soul on fire and I love the community itself.

I'm blessed anyway for having found some special friends and for having read some of the most beautiful articles on the world wide web.

4. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

it took me 4 months to reach my first payout which was USD $53.73 on 29-04-2012. I wrote approx 20 hubs and the highest views were the Mother's Day hubs that helped me a lot. I am still waiting for my 4th payout. Think will reach by July 2013, hopefully because lately the traffic has been hit till the lowest, 140 views per day; 20 cents per day earning. Horrible!

5. soconfident profile image83
    soconfidentposted 4 years ago

It's a little embarrassing, but it took me about 6 months.

6. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 4 years ago

It depends on traffic and how one is active on HP, differs for each individual soon I will be cashing in my first payment

7. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

It took me three months after joining Hubpages. I got payed on the 28th of the following month. I suppose I had written around 75 hubs at this point. The amount of traffic, I have no idea.

8. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
    Kathleen Cochranposted 4 years ago

18 months and 150 hubs.  I've since deleted some hubs and added some back.  I figure at the rate I'm going it'll take me 18 months to get another one.  I took my husband out to dinner with the payout for supporting me!

9. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 4 years ago

The first time was about 6 months, if I remember correctly. I have no idea how many hubs I had by that point. I got up to being past the $100 AdSense cash-out every month for a while, and then the Google gods slapped us all in the face tongue. When panda hit and the subsequent sub-domains and suggestions for improvement came along, I unpublished over 300 of my then-400 or so hubs and have been slowly re-writing and re-optimizing before releasing them back into the published world. Post-panda, it takes me about two months to reach it each time now, though I've been making significant changes that are slowly closing the gap. My time has been divided in a lot of other places, so progress here has been slow.