jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)

Do you know that HubPages has started providing icons alongside your Hubs to imp

1. wqaindia profile image81
    wqaindiaposted 4 years ago

Do you know that HubPages has started providing icons alongside your Hubs to improve your Hubs?

Under My Account settings all the Hubs of an author are displayed as Featured in Black, Red and Blue icon. While Black icons are featured hubs finding favor with search engines, Red Icons are shown because the same are not as per quality standards at HP, Blue icon stands for that the hub is not SEO friendly and needs improvement in Headings and Sub Heading. It is really a wonderful feed back for the authors like me. What is your feeling?

2. lex123 profile image64
    lex123posted 4 years ago

Yes, I noticed it this morning. It is really a good attempt at the part of HP team to categorize our hubs in this way, so that we know which one needs our extra attention.

3. agvulpes profile image88
    agvulpesposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the heads up on this matter.  Paul Edmondson has explained further on the Hubpages Blog:
    http://blog.hubpages.com/

1. mary615 profile image93
      mary615posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the link.

2. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image35
      sunilkunnoth2012posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing this knowledge.

3. wqaindia profile image81
      wqaindiaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for enlightening further.

4. Savio Dawson profile image90
    Savio Dawsonposted 4 years ago

Hi wqaindia,

I have checked my hubs and all are showing black and I don't see any red or blue icons.

Are you referring to the black icon in the last column to the extreme right, where an author's hubs are shown? Please clarify.

1. boundarybathrooms profile image88
      boundarybathroomsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yep! You will only see the blue and red icons if that hub is not featured. You're seeing all black because your hubs are fine.

If you look at the key at the bottom you'll see the red and blue icons and what they mean.

Please listen to what agvulpes commented below.

3. Savio Dawson profile image90
      Savio Dawsonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

@sunil - Thanks have noticed it.

@boundarybathrooms - Thanks for the clarification!

5. anagham profile image61
    anaghamposted 4 years ago

Yes.. I saw it this morning and I have 4 red H icon.I think this is the best way to improve our hubs for friendly and easy searches...

R & D is going on HP. Now instead of Black, Red or Blue Colors, HP has made the color black Full Black for Featured, Half Black for Not featured due to engagement, Full White Circle for Not featured due to Quality. Black and White is more beautif

6. yougotme profile image89
    yougotmeposted 4 years ago

Wow, I didn't know that they launched this new feature. Thanks wqaindia for letting us know!

7. Jordan Hake profile image87
    Jordan Hakeposted 4 years ago

Neat!  That will really help with diagnostics!

8. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image35
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 4 years ago

I noticed it this morning and found so useful.  I appreciate the brain behind it.  By giving that color icon, we can easily understand which of our hubs remain non featured and how these are (like lack of quality or lack of engagement) remaining so.  It is wonderful. I am happy as well.

It is really wonderful experience and all appreciations for HP team.

Thanks for picking this one as the best answer

9. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 4 years ago

Well, I'm glad as all my hubs have a black icon. But it is a step forward and will help us understand the standings of our hubs.

I have started working on those hubs not having black icon.

working