jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Can I upload my already published YOUTUBE videos as video hubs?

1. Jade89 profile image82
    Jade89posted 4 years ago

Can I upload my already published YOUTUBE videos as video hubs?

I have a few YOUTUBE videos which I published a while ago. Would I be able to republish these as video hubs? Would I be able to do so while keeping them on youtube? Would I be able to do so if I deleted them from youtube??? What do I do?

2. CloudExplorer profile image78
    CloudExplorerposted 4 years ago

As long as you own the content of any video 100%, then you have to right to also reproduce such a video as well. So using it as a video hub should be fine, make sure all the contents in it is your own, meaning visual and audio. This is the best to my knowledge when it comes to copyright laws.

You should also read up on Youtube's terms of use to make sure though, I'm sure in their terms it states your ownership of a video and copyright to your own creative works that you choose to upload.

Jade89posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much!
      This helps a lot smile

3. seBuddy profile image60
    seBuddyposted 4 years ago

Yes you certainly can, but ensure all content is your own to avoid any copyright issues.

Before you delete any youtube videos, you should consider potential loss of audience, if you have an active channel, or popular videos on youtube, then you risk reducing your exposure at least in the short term.

Another alternative with your own content is to re-edit them and make them unique. There's no reason you couldn't have different versions on each site.

Jade89posted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's a really awesome idea. Thank you very much. I will try that. I'm trying to build an audience on youtube for my blog in any case so that probably wouldn't have been the brightest of things to do. Thank you! smile

working