jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Should HP have a Print mode that eliminated the ads?

1. Don Bobbitt profile image93
    Don Bobbittposted 4 years ago

Should HP have a Print mode that eliminated the ads?

Often, I will print a copy of an interesting Hub, especially a story or a recipe.
    And when I do, I will often waste one or more pages of paoer just because of the ads.
    I would love to have a Print Mode where I get only the Hub, and not waste ink and paper on all of those ads.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5413394_f260.jpg

2. sparkleyfinger profile image91
    sparkleyfingerposted 4 years ago

If it is an issue, could you not just copy and paste the text into a word document?

1. Sue Bailey profile image82
      Sue Baileyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I was going to suggest the same thing as sparkleyfinger.

2. Don Bobbitt profile image93
      Don Bobbittposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that does work, but you have to do it in small chunks.
      DON

3. zanaworld profile image64
    zanaworldposted 4 years ago

Don Bobbitt... I am with you.  Sometimes, I need to print a copy of an Hub Article for later reading in a bus or a train.  It will be helpful, if HubPages team can think of having a PRINT mode for each HubPage.

Copy pasting option is indeed good.  But this way, the formatting will be improper.  A fine HubPage layout print without Ads, will be better option!

1. Abby Campbell profile image94
      Abby Campbellposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree. When I was first on HP, there was a Print button. Somehow that disappeared with all the changes, and I miss it.

4. tillsontitan profile image85
    tillsontitanposted 4 years ago

True, you could copy and paste but wouldn't it be easier and nicer if you could just print a copy directly from HP?  I often like to print to show to my in-laws who at 90 do not have a computer but do like to read the hubs...I think its a great idea, like recipe web sites, the printed version leaves out the ads.

1. Don Bobbitt profile image93
      Don Bobbittposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Mypoint exactly, tillsontitan.

5. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

One thing I like about HubPages is that it formats it nicely when printed - it looks far nice, especially with images than a Word Document, so "copy and paste" is not a valid excuse. Indeed there should be an option, because the adverts are of no use to anyone offline, especially if I'm printing off my own work that only I will want to read.

I completely agree. There's no excuse not to have such an option.

6. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

I just copy and paste it into my notebook. It works for me. But, you do have a great idea. A printer friendly page.

working