I used to give up Hubpages but now I am back. How can you keep the motivation to

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. beaddve1800 profile image77
    beaddve1800posted 5 years ago

I used to give up Hubpages but now I am back. How can you keep the motivation to use Hubpages?

The reason why I left because I could not get any revenue from my hubs and Adsense kept rejected my application. I lost the motivation of using Hubpages last year.

The reason why I come back is the PageRank on my Hubpage. It is surprisingly good. That makes me to come back.

So, what is your motivation of keeping your Hubpages up?

2. Grace-Wolf-30 profile image61
    Grace-Wolf-30posted 5 years ago

I gave up an adsense, but I thoroughly enjoyed writing hubs about things that interest me. As long as you keep the content to your interests, blogging can actually be pretty therapeutic. Eventually adsense accepted my application. I still haven't really made any money out of it yet, but I still love writing hubs. I feel like I'm doing something for myself.

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 5 years ago

I'm new so I haven't yet experienced burn-out or any let downs yet. I think what will keep me motivated is I love to write and people here love to read (and leave comments as opposed to at my blogs, etc). I also think the Hubpage criteria for featured hubs is making me a better writer. I have to shoot for a higher standard which, I think, improves all of my skills.

4. kj force profile image70
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

welcome back....It has become an issues of late, writers are confused and frustrated with HP and ALL the changes. I started writing  2 years ago ( on this site ) as a way to release and share ideas and thoughts with others, not for profit as the goal. I have worked my way up to level 8 commentator, however HP ( even though they notified me of this 5 months ago has yet to note it on my homepage ) being I reached this level means I must have done something correct..however..of late HP has unpublished/ questioned my material and authenticity of originality...and stated quality of my work was unacceptable...so I at this time am questioning myself and my writes...so I have  chosen to go on " hiatus "...enjoy your summer....

5. cianeko profile image86
    cianekoposted 5 years ago

I have been a member of Hubpages for more than a year already and to be honest, I am not enrolled in any of its earnings program yet, though I am planning to enroll soon.

What keeps me motivated in writing in this site is not the money I can get from writing, but the followers and the feedback I get from the readers of my articles. It is fulfilling to get compliments in your writings and I guess this is what made me to go on. Moreover, what I was after was the idea of "self- expression". I always wanted to express myself and Hubpages is one of the ways I can make it possible. Finally, I don't have any other hobbies except for reading, writing, eating and surfing the net. I realized I can capitalize on these hobbies, in order to satisfy myself.

6. Escobana profile image72
    Escobanaposted 5 years ago

My motivation to be here? Hublove and improving my writing skills.

The money and any of the SEO rules for getting traffic, I found less interesting than meeting all of these amazing writers and like minded souls.

I'm simply a beginner and writing here, helps me in polishing my skills, meeting people from all over the world and I'm gaining a lot more self confidence as a writer due to the many lovely comments I got.

I'm here for almost 2 years and I try to ignore the many changes on Hubpages, I don't like and I take advantage of the changes I do like. I've always been in it for the passion of writing.

If money, traffic and numbers is your goal here, I understand why you left in the first place. I make about 2 dollars a month:-)

7. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 5 years ago

Great to have you back, I write at my best and try to do better if needed,  writing here with such a friendly community makes it so much simpler, always helpful  in answering any question. To keep your Hubpage sup, write the best hubs you can, and follow their word count, add a  video, submit quality and quantity. If follow the rules as applied  writing here can be fun and fruitful

8. cynthtggt profile image76
    cynthtggtposted 5 years ago

If I had a functioning computer, I would be writing more than I do, and answering questions and involving myself in forums.  The struggle to simply get published supersedes my partaking in Hubpages.  I wish I had more freedom so that I could write more and share more of my inward ideas.

9. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

i gave up HP too 1 year ago but i came back because i received some emails from HP team. Then, i decided to join the 30days hub challenge. I did get more followers but less income. However, after the hub challenge, my earning increased and dropped just this year, May 2013. Since that it was due to panda and google requirement., Anyway, I didn't give up yet. As long I can see some 20-30cents per day, I will carry on writing at HP. What about you?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)