jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Anyone else experiencing a massive drop in traffic over the last several days?

1. robhampton profile image100
    robhamptonposted 4 years ago

Anyone else experiencing a massive drop in traffic over the last several days?

I have been steady for months at around 1,000 impressions per day and now everyday it's lower and lower. 900, 800, 700, 600, 500...... I mean like a 100 a day less each day. What's going on?

2. profile image0
    SparrowMinistriesposted 4 years ago

Mine has dropped over the last month. Also, there has been a negative message toward Christian and bible-based hubs from the administration, so I am looking for other writing sites. Nothing I have found so far compares to the quality of HubPages though! There is a blog website called WordPress that I just signed up for. We'll see....

1. Georgie Lowery profile image95
      Georgie Loweryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Has there been an official comment about Christian Hubs?

2. Barbara Kay profile image90
      Barbara Kayposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm curious about that too. Since my earnings are down, I thought I'd go back to writing Christian hubs again. I do know that it was stated that any religious hubs are low earners, but I have a couple that get good traffic.

3. profile image0
      SparrowMinistriesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

There was an official comment about Christian hubs-or maybe religion based. It was posted when you first click on "write a new hub" there was a warning that religion based hubs are sub-standard and no one wants to read them but friends of the writer.

4. robhampton profile image100
      robhamptonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's really sad. People can write about vampires and witchcraft but not ok to write christian content?? I don't get it

3. profile image95
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years ago

What do your stats suggest, is it just one or a few sites that are down or is it across your whole hub estate? My stats are normal this week, in fact if anything they are higher this week than the last. You will notice over time that your traffic will vary, I have had periods of a few weeks where my traffic drops, only to return.

There are also public holidays which can affect your numbers and also weekends affect most of us.Don't let it worry you unduly, unless the trend continues.

If it is just affecting a few hubs, perhaps take a look at them and see if some additional SEO or extra information or capsules might help.

it's definatley affecting the whole of my hubpages. If you saw my analytics graph over the last few months you would understand. A rediculous drop within the last few days. maybe a crawler algorythym update

4. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

Traffic is bad everywhere.  I have always experienced a drop in traffic during summer months until it starts to pick up around August, better yet in October til holiday season is over with.

5. CyclingFitness profile image94
    CyclingFitnessposted 4 years ago

I've found a number of my more prominent hubs have dropped a significant number of places in Google search pages. My most popular hub took almost 2 years to rise to the top #1 position in Google and suddenly nosedived this week. On checking it had dropped a whole 7 places in googles rankings.

I have also noticed that many of my newer hubs simply are not being ranked highly by the big G- despite search engines like Bing and Yahoo giving them more prominence.

Yes- A lot of my sports related hubs are the kind of things people would rather be doing in the key summer months other than reading but I'm significantly down on the results from last year. Hopefully the next algorithm changes from google will change things

I have noticed that forum content is getting more exposure now in Google compared to information rich stand-alone pages

That is EXACTLY what is going on with mine. Interesting

6. Susana S profile image98
    Susana Sposted 4 years ago

When you have traffic drops like this it's always best to check out the forums. There are several threads going about loss of traffic over the last few days. It seems to be mainly affecting hubs that are over 2 years old.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/114897

Susana S, Thank you for that forum link. It explains everything now. I knew there had to be some kind of crawler update!! Ok, so it's not just me.

working