jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Do you ever ask a question on HP & then wonder about it all day because you have

1. BuffaloGal1960 profile image73
    BuffaloGal1960posted 4 years ago

Do you ever ask a question on HP & then wonder about it all day because you have to be gone?

It's not that I don't have another life, I just wonder how some might respond and if there might be flames that need the question closed.

2. Felisa Daskeo profile image84
    Felisa Daskeoposted 4 years ago

I very seldom ask questions in HP but if I ever do I don't think about it that seriously.  I just post a question then check my mail when i get home for any answer.

3. Laura Schneider profile image93
    Laura Schneiderposted 4 years ago

I do that all the time! Sometimes I ask questions just to see who can answer them and what variety of answers I get, but sometimes I just really want to know the answer to the question for my own sake! :-)

Note that you can set it so that you need to moderate all answers to your questions so that no one can post a flame (without you knowing about it--you have to approve all answers to questions you ask)... See the forums for info on how to do this (I've got mine set that way because I ask leading questions often and get some really wackos responding... I try not to censor, however sometimes I must to comply with HP rules or common sense).

BuffaloGal1960posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the information.  Good answer too.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

Sometimes I do, but usually only when I'm asking a question about how something works here at HP. I'm not very good at computer stuff so if I can't get something to work, I'll ask the people here and I keep hoping I get quick responses.

5. Dr. Haddox profile image80
    Dr. Haddoxposted 4 years ago

Yes, the times I have asked questions I have wondered, whether or not, the questions were good ones. I suppose any sincere question is a valid question, but one never knows how others are thinking about the value of one's questions. So, yes, it is easy to find one's self a little worried about one's work, in the formulation of questions.
    Regards,
    Dr. Haddox

BuffaloGal1960posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!  Dr. Haddox.  You worded it so much in line with what I was thinking.

working