jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Where do you generally find the inspiration to start a new hub?

1. learn247 profile image61
    learn247posted 4 years ago

Where do you generally find the inspiration to start a new hub?

Where do you search in? Is it the web, or your previous experiences or just search within your brain for better ideas?

2. profile image0
    Alise- Evonposted 4 years ago

I share the things that I am passionate about- things that I have learned in life and at work; things I teach on through other venues. I read books (from the library!) related to my interests and such "research" contributes to my writing on favorite topics.  Knowledge of what books are out there that I might be interested in often come from different web sources.

3. profile image0
    Michelle Widmannposted 4 years ago

Everywhere! I keep an eye out for things in my day-to-day life that I find interesting enough to write about. My fiance and I often have philosophical debates which lead to good ideas for hubs, or I'll read a good book that I know I have to share. I don't tend to specifically go looking, otherwise I know I'm not genuinely interested and I won't want to write something on the topic.

4. profile image0
    Ben Blackwellposted 4 years ago

Sometimes, I gain inspiration from reading things such as books and short stories.  I may read a few, then link some of their ideas and mine together in a hub.  Other times, I will decide to write something eventually, then actually eventually write it.  Every once-in-a-while, an idea will just hit me.

5. NornsMercy profile image59
    NornsMercyposted 4 years ago

I usually take a step back and realize that a hub can be created from something simple. Sometimes it's the easy things that people want to read about! When I feel a bit overwhelmed, I look at the things in my life that I usually don't give a second thought...then write about it. smile

6. myefforts profile image82
    myeffortsposted 4 years ago

For me, it depends on observation most of the time. I look around and see what people are doing. e.g. I was coming to office one day and an elderly guy asked for a pick up. I just helped him. This gave me an idea that I should write about it, just wrote a hub, 'why should we respect our elders?'. At other times, I feel passionate just about something and write about it. This is how it works for me.

7. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image33
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 4 years ago

Reading and travel are my fascination and it give me ample opportunity to find some stuff for writing. Spirituality is also a field I find solace and ground of writing. Most of my hubs are done from the knowledge and experience I earned through reading mainly.