jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Can you use your answer on hubpages elsewhere on the web if you don't make it in

1. Billie Kelpin profile image88
    Billie Kelpinposted 4 years ago

Can you use your answer on hubpages elsewhere on the web if you don't make it into a hub?

There are places on the web that don't require the "quality" standards that a hub requires.  I understand that if you permanently delete a hub, you have the right to publish THAT elsewhere. HOWEVER, I can't figure out how to delete your own answer to a question.  Therefore, does that mean you CANNOT publish it elsewhere?  Sometimes you don't want to go into the long form of a hub article. Do you have the right to re-publish your own answer to a Q and A question?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

Could you just repurpose it a bit, use the same information but in a different way so that it's not an exact copy? That would be how I'd handle it or you might risk getting picked up by plagiarism software and penalized.

Billie Kelpinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

thanks Christin.  Lazy me doesn't want to re-purpose it, but I think you're right.  That's the safest way.

3. BuffaloGal1960 profile image74
    BuffaloGal1960posted 4 years ago

I haven't come across this issue just yet.  But I don't see why you couldn't only because if someone asks me a question, my answer would be the same here and elsewhere.  See what I mean?   Like if they say "Is your faith important to you?"  My answer is still yes.   My opinions are still my opinions and that's what questions and answers are. 

Perhaps it would depend on the question but I can't think of an example where you would have to answer something differently.

Billie Kelpinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I wish I knew because I have some long-winded answers!  I really could put them elsewhere, BUT we can't delete answers it seems, so does that mean we'd be duplicating content?  I just don't know.  I better email the staff.  Thanks, BuffaloGal smile

2. BuffaloGal1960 profile image74
      BuffaloGal1960posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, I couldn't be of more help.

working