HubPages accolades for sale?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (32 posts)
  1. drpennypincher profile image85
    drpennypincherposted 10 years ago

HubPages accolades for sale?

If you could purchase a HubPages accolade that you have not yet earned, which accolade would you buy and how much would you be willing to pay?

2. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 10 years ago

I wouldn't purchase any of them because that takes the fun out of earning them. If I had to choose one though, probably the one million views - I hope to hit that though eventually no purchase required smile.

drpennypincherposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure you'll get to 1 million- congratulations on your Hubbie Award!

2. ChristinS profile image39
      ChristinSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you smile

3. Rock_nj profile image90
      Rock_njposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I actually wrote a Hub about living frugally a few months back after reading Chistin's Hub that just won the Hubbie Award.

4. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image62
      sunilkunnoth2012posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Accolades are achievements and to be earned. It is not a commodity to purchase!

3. atechwiz profile image64
    atechwizposted 10 years ago

I would not be interested in purchasing any accolades.  I don't really place a very high importance on them.  They are kind of nice but if they could be purchased it would undermine the sense of achievement that they intend to represent.  That is just my two cents.

I wouldn't mind having a 1M views accolade, or perhaps a Hubbie Award accolade- but you're right about it not meaning anything if you buy it instead of earning it.

4. Gina145 profile image69
    Gina145posted 10 years ago

I wouldn't purchases any accolades. Though my accolades are very small, I get a sense of satisfaction knowing that I've earned them. I don't need to show off by making people believe I've accomplished things that I really haven't.

I still get excited when I get a new accolade.  It's sort of like getting an unexpected gift.  If you could buy an accolade, then the element of surprise would be gone.

5. Thomas Swan profile image96
    Thomas Swanposted 10 years ago

None. I was apparently a "bad boy" once, so they took some of my accolades away. Since then, I stopped displaying them on my profile (and quit the forums!). If they can be taken away on a whim by a staff member who got the wrong end of the stick, then they're worthless. I would encourage everyone to do the same. They're used by staffers to treat us like children - "here, have a nice pat on the head" or "you've been a bad boy, I'm taking away your prize!". It's demeaning, so I showed them just how meaningless I think their accolades are. Now the ad on my profile appears higher up the page... win win!

I didn't know accolades could be taken away once earned... I can see how it would be possible to lose a page view accolade if you deleted hubs and that reduced your total page views to below the amount needed for the accolade.

2. Thomas Swan profile image96
      Thomas Swanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This was the commenter accolade and another I can't remember. It was because someone on the forums baited me into an argument and I had the temerity to reply in anger. The staffer removed accolades from both of us. What have I learnt? Don't argue smile

6. MarleneB profile image90
    MarleneBposted 10 years ago

I'm assuming this is a hypothetical question. I would never actually purchase an accolade because accolades are earned, not purchased. But, I'll play... If I could purchase a HubPages accolade, then I'd purchase the 1Million Views accolade. How much would I pay? Well, the assumption is that money is no object. So, I'll pay... $1,000,000.00!

If I had a 1 million views accolade, I would gladly sell it to you for $1,000,000.00!

7. somethgblue profile image73
    somethgblueposted 10 years ago

I would be willing to pay for the accolade of Answered the Most Stupid Questions, wait they don't have that accolade, my bad. Then again perhaps answering the most stupid questions is a payment itself.

After all it takes some creative thinking, the ability to lower your mentality to the level of those asking the stupid questions and above all having the dull wit of a retarded fourth grader, not at all qualities most humans aspire too.

Let's see a million page views or having the accolade of answering the most stupid questions . . . gee that is a tough one!

8. MarieAlana1 profile image67
    MarieAlana1posted 10 years ago

I would want to pay 5 dollars for an accolade that represents, "make 50 dollars each month for the next year off of hubpages."

I think an accolade for reaching the HubPages payout ($50) would be interesting...

9. C.V.Rajan profile image58
    C.V.Rajanposted 10 years ago

I would like to sell my accolades! Please start bidding!!

Wouldn't that be interesting if you really could sell accolades that you've earned to others?  I wonder how much a 1 million views badge would go for?

10. erorantes profile image50
    erorantesposted 10 years ago

I prefer to get it the right way. I would like to get it by surprice for following  the rules of hubpages. I would like to get one for keeping other writers busy. When I ask my questions. I would like to get it if I deserve it.

I do like that there are so many ways to get accolades, including answering questions!

11. profile image0
    lesliebyarsposted 10 years ago

I'm with Christin on this one. I don't wanna buy one but the million views award would be wonderful to achieve.

It's hard to argue with 1 million page views- that would be really impressive!

12. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 10 years ago

Probably the 10 million accolade. At this rate it's going to take me another 2 years to get it, and I don't want to take that long!

Of course, once you get the 10 million accolade, then you'll want the 100 million accolade...

2. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image62
      sunilkunnoth2012posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!

13. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 10 years ago

None. Although they are fun to collect, I certainly would not pay for one on this site. This would defeat the purpose of making money on here. $

I suppose it is true that having great accolades does not result in more traffic and revenue, so buying accolades (if you could) would not be a good investment.

14. profile image0
    Lizam1posted 10 years ago

As with many others here, none, I like to earn my accolades.  However, I am wondering what happened to my earned "apprenticeship" status.  I was accepted back in Spring and still not on the program.  Disappointing and one of the reasons I haven't been an active hubber recently, demotivated:-(

1. ChristinS profile image39
      ChristinSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

sad Did you contact staff to ask about why? They've suspended the program now for awhile, but all the material is in the learning center. It still stinks if you were accepted though and didn't participate!

15. profile image0
    golpoposted 10 years ago

The joy in earning an accolade is much sweeter than buying it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)