jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Why do you answer questions on HubPages?

1. Steve Orion profile image78
    Steve Orionposted 6 years ago

Why do you answer questions on HubPages?

Accolades, helpfulness, or a mix of the two?

2. infoforum profile image68
    infoforumposted 6 years ago

When I find some interesting question I answer it!

3. jbrock2041 profile image82
    jbrock2041posted 6 years ago

Helpfulness and to share what I'm thinking. When good questions are asked, it's nice to have an opinion.

4. Daisy Mariposa profile image86
    Daisy Mariposaposted 6 years ago

I answer questions because I think it is important to "give back." I've been helped by reading questions and answers in this section of HubPages. I'm helping, in return, by answering someone else's question.

5. Felixedet2000 profile image57
    Felixedet2000posted 6 years ago

you answer questions so others can answer yours too.
    Everything in life is give and take, you can't expect to get what you can not give out.

6. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

Not for accolades - accolades give you nothing and no one even bothers to check them out except yourself and a occasional hubber smile
    I answer whenever I feel I can help or I could gain some more info.

Why do you ask questions though? I need your answer on this big_smile

7. marek504 profile image69
    marek504posted 6 years ago

There are a few reasons:

1)  The questions that interest me often times makes me think about why we use hubpages.  To engage in community.

2)  I'll answer if I usually have something to share and think my information might be useful to others.

3)  If someone is putting enough thought into a question, I feel that the least I could do is provide some feedback.

Thanks for the question!

8. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I wish I could honestly answer that.  I see the questions and love weighing in if I have something to add or the subject is something I know about....why it is so compelling to do so--I have no idea.

9. rednickle profile image82
    rednickleposted 6 years ago

to lend a helping hand especially if you are familiar with the question being asked

10. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

I answer questions because Hubpages encourage you to answer questions. They have an accolade for this which means it is an encouragement to those who contribute. I have answered over 500 questions and asked more than 500 questions.

11. Millionaire Tips profile image92
    Millionaire Tipsposted 6 years ago

I like to be helpful, so if I know the answer, I like to answer it. Plus it is nice for the person asking the question, so they don't feel so lonely having a question unanswered.

12. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I like to take part in the HP community and share my views with others. I have had a lot of response any time I have asked a question, and like to do the same by answering questions from other hubbers.