jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Please help! Duplicate, re-written and republished but now, HP has unpublished

1. TeriSilver profile image98
    TeriSilverposted 4 years ago

Please help!  Duplicate, re-written and republished but now, HP has unpublished it.  Huh?

I am in the process of rewriting pieces that had once been published on another site.  They've been off that site for a few weeks now. I've checked the current piece I tried to publish on HP through search engines, but it's not there (as it shouldn't be).  However, HP says it's duplicate content, which ... some of it is but I understood that once the search engines dropped it and if it's retooled somewhat, I can use it here.  It shouldn't be online elsewhere unless someone stole it. I have a number of pieces I wanted to re-do-- the best place to have them is on HP.  How do I use them here?

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

Unless you can ensure that every cached version is offline, then you can't reuse the content.  I'd rewrite it differently and then publish it here.  It's not uncommon for content to be plagiarized and published elsewhere, so if you are tripping filters that means your originals are still out there.

3. ColleenMcLain profile image60
    ColleenMcLainposted 4 years ago

Christin is correct.  Your orginal work can have been plagiarized, and I have seen other how-to and info pages "take" my work.  They of course give me by line but they have to.  Most writers don't mind the extra exposure.

The best thing to do is google some of your catch phrases and see what pops up.  Once you find your work, trace it back to the posted site and ask them to take it down.

Rerwiting the pieces if good too.  I found my rewrite and up dates are better than the orginials.

4. TeriSilver profile image98
    TeriSilverposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the info, folks.  I'm not sure what to do, I guess I'll do a massive rewrite on this and maybe ask someone at HubPages for some insight, too, because I've not been able to find anything online with my stuff.  I wish they could be more specific about what exactly is "duplicate."  I'm not in a hurry now because the hub was on New Year's traditions and I won't have time to get it retooled, checked and maybe republished, too.  For real,. though, HP's system isn't helpful without being very specific as to what it thinks is a do-over, especially since it says it's not a plagiarizing or copyright issue.  Hmm.

1. TeriSilver profile image98
      TeriSilverposted 4 years agoin reply to this

HP has published this article now -- I really appreciate that -- I am hoping to gain some insight on how to re-use articles I've worked so hard on (I do re-write them)  but I certainly do not want to break any rules. Thanks, HP!

working