jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Has anyone actually made money through google adsense or amazon? I know we write

1. lisavanvorst profile image77
    lisavanvorstposted 4 years ago

Has anyone actually made money through google adsense or amazon? I know we write for the love of it.

I was just curious. I love to write on this site However, I had a hard time getting onto google ad sense program. The criteria and word count is difficult. My articles are long and some stories, but my poems are not. I did get on Amazon quicker but no money.

2. William Slater profile image58
    William Slaterposted 4 years ago

Many people do make money, the key is advertising, unfortunately, putting books or guides on amazon is rarely the key to instant success, simply because, despite the quality of the book, people never find it. The question comes down to how you can effectively advertise for the minimum cost, and thats something you have to figure out, the most effective way would probably be to partner up with hubpages users of similar content and follower count and promote each other, effectively sharing your audience and increasing in size, replicate till you have a very sizable audience, and then tell people about it. The adsense program works similarly, as the larger the audience, the more money, adsense is awkward to get onto, but as long as you keep writing, it will happen.

lisavanvorstposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good suggestions. I have not listed any links. I will look into that. Thank you for responding.

2. William Slater profile image58
      William Slaterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

not a program, happy to help.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

In the four years I've been at hubpages, I've gotten approximately 4 payouts from google and about 5 from amazon. Considering how many hubs I have, and how long it took to get those payouts, it's not a lucrative system. But it does happen. The secret lies all in self promotion, sharing and back-linking. Just don't expect to make a living on these alone.

Four years is a long time. I have only been doing this since October. Thank you for responding.

4. SpaceShanty profile image95
    SpaceShantyposted 4 years ago

Yes and Yes, but not enough to retire!  I don't think stories and poems do that well online, sorry!  If you want to make money writing online you need mass appeal, sell out, get rich!

Thank you for responding. Someone else said poetry does not make money.

5. CWanamaker profile image98
    CWanamakerposted 4 years ago

Over the last three years I have made quite a bit of money on the internet.  Nothing to quit my job over but enough to pay a bill or two. Focus on creating quality content and eventually the money will come.

Thank you. It is good to know someone is making money.

Closed to reply

working