How do you even make money on Hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (26 posts)
  1. slc334 profile image40
    slc334posted 13 years ago

Is there any way to actually make Hubpages turn into money without writing the same thing 20 times but just rearranging the words?

I wrote this because I feel disillusioned by the whole thing a bit.
    <snipped link - do not promote your Hubs in the forums>

1. RunescapePro profile image60
      RunescapeProposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I find the best way to make money with Hubpages is through Google Adsense and affiliate programs (I personally use ClickBank). The key is to not write a large number of articles, but instead right a few quality articles. These articles over time will get visitors, and usually you can get about a %5 conversion rate of visitors clicking on ads, and every once a while you will get somebody who buys a product through one of your affiliate links.

1. slc334 profile image40
        slc334posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks RunescapePro, I appreciate it.

2. profile image0
        Donna Ferrierposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How do you use Clickbank on Hubpages?

1. Brooke Lorren profile image60
          Brooke Lorrenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Use the text link that they give you.  You can use up to two links to their domain.

2. Glemoh101 profile image54
          Glemoh101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

1- Make review of product you promoting on clickbank and put your link
          or
          2-Make informative hub related too your product on clickbank and put your product link.

3. Glemoh101 profile image54

Try to make this equation to success " quality hub +optimized hub for long tail keyword +quality backlinks==> high trafiic ==> MONEY

2. MR77100 profile image58
      MR77100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

How do you post codes for products on your Hubpages account?

3. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's a good way to fill the internet with crap.

Be patient, write about things you know.

4 days isn't long. 4 months isn't enough. Making money isn't something that happens quickly or easily. It's a long term prospect.

1. iamalegend profile image61
        iamalegendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i'm a witness.currently on my 5th month. It's not enough roll

4. thisisoli profile image69
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can earn a lot with Hubpages, but you need to put in the effort, less than 20 hubs is not going to net you much, especially if you ar enew to writing articles for money.

I earn a lot with my Hubs, and so do plenty of others.

Remember that you have just jumped in to a game being played by tens of thousands of people, and some of them have been building up their online presense for decades.  You cannot expect to just walk in and start earning enough cash to live on!

5. Glemoh101 profile image54

Is that message coming from the hubpages team?

6. Lethalinjection profile image58
      Lethalinjectionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, it's all one big pyramid scheme designed to make wannabes like us write tons of worthless crap to help get hubpages higher rankings in the search engines.

You wanna make money in anything, you got to treat it like a business. There are no tips or secret formulas but one.

Fulfill a widespread need.

Thats how you make money in anything. By fulfilling the needs of a group of people and charging them to fulfill that need. It's that simple.

2. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

If you scroll to the bottom of this page click the link for the learning center you will find lots of info on how to make HubPages work for you.

If you are ready to give up after a few days then you may not want to put in the time and effort required to make this pay for you. There probably are Hubbers who have made money here quickly but the majority achieve that by putting in time and effort and the income from that builds slowly. There are people here who can earn an income, others who earn money from this and other places,some make the first adsense payment quicker than others but for most it is not an instant overnight moneymaker (6 months + for some). I am sorry if that is not what people want to read, but I can only tell you my own opinion and pass on my own observations.

If you do decide to continue writing here I think most people will find it a rewarding experience. 

BTW the button at the top that says help is really a FAQ button and that contains useful info about the site too.

3. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

The road to success is long and hard. That applies here too. Just keep working on it and don't even think of giving up.

In a year, you'll probably begin to smile. But it's hard work and fun all rolled into one.

When i first got here, i wrote five hubs, sat back expecting money to start coming in. Not a cent of course!

Then i suddenly realised that the secret (for me anyway) was in numbers. More hubs, improving as you go along, is what will start to earn you some.

So DETERMINATION took the front seat.

I'm really smiling now, everyday.

You'll get there slc334. Best of luck. smile

1. msms profile image61
      msmsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do your KARMA (Duty) of writing a good Hub that you can, keep visiting and updating it to make better and better till you are satisfied. Read as many Hubs as many you can daily and follow the successful Hubbers or those Hubs that you feel touched you. And leave rest to the readers ... after all customer - Reader is God ...Make the reader happy and you will be rich. smile

4. slc334 profile image40
    slc334posted 13 years ago

Wow, I really appreciate the outpour of help, and will do my best to stay with it for the long hall.  You're all very inspirational, and I've started following you all!  Thanks again!

5. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

I found the more you write and the longer you are with hubpages the more money you will make...

6. Madurai profile image57
    Maduraiposted 13 years ago

Don't aim for the earnings, you just concentrate on the content, it will fetch you more earning in the long run..

7. KristenGrace profile image61
    KristenGraceposted 13 years ago

Everyone here seems to have supported and answered your question rather well...

I agree with others.  You're still new, and I still consider myself new even after three months.  You learn as you go, and if you focus on content, money will come with time.

Wanted to wish you the best of luck smile

8. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 13 years ago

Now that's a great question.  Too many hubs making money are well, about, 'how to make money' and they get recycled over and over and over.  It gets tedious after a while.

9. Suzanne Day profile image93
    Suzanne Dayposted 13 years ago

Do some basic keyword research with the Google Keyword tool before writing. I like to use 3 similar keywords to grab all of the traffic you can (primary keyword is specific, secondary keywords might be general, for grabbing traffic). Assess the competition in Google (eg under 40,000 websites and it's still reasonable to write the hub). Keep trying different topics - eventually some of them will work - they did for me! Also, if you are writing for adsense, try and think of what people might click on in the adsense - for example, if you were writing about fish tanks, people might click on fish tank ads in Adsense if you don't offer the fishtank outright. Sometimes not being the answer to the visitor's question is key......

1. andyoz profile image86
      andyozposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oooooo I like that.  Not being the answer is the key, never thought of it that way before.  All though that kinda depends on what kind of ads goodle plonk on your hub.  Some of the ones on mine are a joke, I think I have a hub about losing wieght, one of the ads is for 70% off all you can eat in Manchester!  How does that work exactly?

1. Susana S profile image93
        Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Check out info on user generated ads and content generated ads in adsense. The majority of ads are now user generated (personalised), based on your previous search history as well as your location, so the ads you see won't be what other visitors to your page will see.

You can turn this off in your adsense account and go back to content generated ads for both your own browsing and for ads displayed on your pages, but for the latter most people say that you get more income from user generated ads. I plan to test it with my own account in the near future and see which is better for my pages.

2. Pcunix profile image90
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who knows?

A person searching for dieting information might be quite interested in an "all you can eat place" - after all, that mind set could be part of why they are interested in dieting, right?

it's Google's job to decide what ads make sense for your page - well, an advertiser CAN tell Google they want to be on your pages too, but for most little folk, it's Google's decision.

Your job is to provide the keywords and content to make Google think that they should send searchers to your page.  What Google does after that is mostly out of your control and almost completely out of your control here at HP  (you can do things like using "<!-- google_ad_section_start -->" tags at your own site, but HubPages doesn't do that here).

Google wants their advertisers to be successful. To a lesser extent, they want publishers to be successful too, but the important point is that they are trying to maximize ad effectiveness as best they can and mostly they do it rather well.

2. Alhamora profile image53
      Alhamoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Excellent tip. Thanks, I never thought of this.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)