jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

lost in translation

1. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 7 years ago

Does anyone understand the scoring system for hubs written and how it is calculated. I have tried to figure it out but unfortunately don't understand their rating system.   Some of my hubs have less views but the rating is higher?

1. Ivorwen profile image74
      Ivorwenposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't always make sense.  I have tried again and again to figure it out, and somethings just don't jive with the information available.  My highest rated hub is not the one with the most views or the most time spent on it.

1. livewithrichard profile image84
        livewithrichardposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Same here.  As a matter of fact, one of my top 10 hubs today has no comments at all on it.  Best advice is to look at your hubs that are doing well and make more just like them smile

1. profile image0
          reeltaulkposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Interesting.......I felt like I was doing algebra all over again, trying to figure out their system

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 7 years agoin reply to this

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubscorecalc

The scoring process is never going to be completely explained as that would allow the system to be "gamed" (aka cheated).

2. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 7 years ago

you shouldn't worry about the score.
    I really don't know how it works, but i don't think it's important.
    Anyway if it helps, short hubs score low, no matter the content

1. profile image0

I didnt ask if you think that I should worry...neither am I worried

3. englightenedsoul profile image60
    englightenedsoulposted 7 years ago

Read this hub by darkside.It will help you immensely:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubscore

1. profile image0

thx

4. profile image0
    TMinutposted 7 years ago

Ivorwen, you said: My highest rated hub is not the one with the most views or the most time spent on it.

This is connected to bounce rate, isn't it, a bad thing for online writers? I have trouble seeing well on the computer so I usually copy an article and print it out, or at least change the font and color and read it there (like in Open Office). Perhaps I need to be sure to leave the original page open while I read it elsewhere! People like me aren't the right kind of readers I guess. sad

5. lmmartin profile image90
    lmmartinposted 7 years ago

I recently wrote a hub "Hey hubpages! What's with the numbers?" and from the oodles of comments, some angry, some funny, some saying 'who gives a damn' and one who said,'you chose to publish here so you take the judgements you get' you are definitely not alone in asking this question.

I don't think there is a system, because the results on my account make absolutely no sense. I've come to the conclusion, it's simply a software program designed to mess with our minds.

What I have decided to do, is if a hub loses points over time to a certain level, I take it off. Some articles that didn't do so well over time here, do elsewhere.

Most of my income from writing is from traditional publishing, and it hurts my reputation if a reader views low scores on my work. (And it's not as if we can write notes on our articles saying, hey don't worry about the low score, three weeks ago it was a ninety, and the numbers are irrelevant.)

1. profile image0

great response...you totally make sense

working