I have posted 9 Hubs but not showing any money coming in, what am I missing?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Carol Reed profile image59
    Carol Reedposted 9 years ago

I have posted 9 Hubs but not showing any money coming in, what am I missing?

It seems like I'm jumping through hoops. When I think I'm done then I have to take another jump before I start making money only to find the jumping is a continues battle.  I feel like this is more of a hobby than a job and right now in my life, I don't have time for hobbies. When I try to find the answers, it's like calling 411 and not getting a real person with time wasted. Thank you for your help.

2. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image60
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 9 years ago

You are missing nothing but only one thing that is luck!

Carol Reedposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.

3. ChristinS profile image40
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

time, patience and persistence.  If it was easy everyone would be doing it and making tons of money.  The fact of the matter is if you want to be a freelancer for a living - hubs alone is not going to do it.  HP is a great addition - you can use hubs to polish your writing skills, show to potential clients, and even for residual income, but it isn't for replacing your day job with alone.

4. mgeorge1050 profile image83
    mgeorge1050posted 9 years ago

It is going to take some time.  How many views are you getting?  You can increase your views by being involved in the Hubpages community, and by other means like advertising your articles on the web.  Many new authors here don't realize you are going to need thousands of hits to make a little bit of money.  Hope this helps, keep on writing.

5. M. T. Dremer profile image86
    M. T. Dremerposted 9 years ago

Unless you advertise your existing hubs like crazy, you probably won't see much in the way of returns from 9 hubs. If you had 90, you would probably be earning change each day with the potential to get one payout from google each year. Not much, but it is a bonus when you enjoy writing.

Doesn't it cost to advertise our hubs?

2. M. T. Dremer profile image86
      M. T. Dremerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, when I said 'advertise your existing hubs' I meant back linking through social networking sites and websites with similar subject matter. It can be done entirely for free, but it is exhausting.

6. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

This sounds so familiar. I felt this way many times during my first 6 months or so and questioned whether or not it was worth it. It will definitely take more than 2 months and 9 hubs before you can see any real money, maybe a year. It depends on what your goals (long term and short term) and purpose for being here are when determining if it's worth the time and effort. It almost feels like being tricked and trapped after you see what it really takes to reap the benefits and how many hoops there really are. I cannot give advice on what you should do but I encourage you to be patient and hang in there IF writing is something you love and do well.

Thank you for your comments.

2. janshares profile image93
      jansharesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome, thank you. :-)

7. liesl5858 profile image82
    liesl5858posted 9 years ago

You are definitely not missing anything. Here in HubPages, you need more than nine hubs to make money. It will take you a year or more to make money here. It took me nearly a year before I got my first payout and you know what, I am happy with it, it could be better. But all the advises that I got when I was new here were helpful in writing my articles. I will carry on writing here but if you want quick payments, there is another website called Webanswers you could have a look at. I found Webanswers by accident and believe me the pay out is good especially if you are good at giving good quality answers to questions and get awarded.

Thank you, I will check out Webanswers.

8. chef-de-jour profile image94
    chef-de-jourposted 9 years ago

If you write well, publish good quality hubs and sustain your output eventually you'll start earning money, no doubt. But as for when that income starts - that's an unknown. How much money you make is also dependent on number, quality and popularity of your hubs. 
    To make regular money on HP think half marathon (even marathon!) not sprint.
    Persist. Keep writing and publishing and aim for featured hubs. Learn everything you can from HP Learning Center.
    I wish you well!

Thank you for your input.

9. wmhoward4 profile image65
    wmhoward4posted 9 years ago

I went to your profile section and found your hubs interesting, diverse and well written. I am sure that if you keep writing more AND self-promote more you will start to see money. I would recommend that you take a lot at sites like Google+ and join the groups that share you interests. For example a food site. Often these groups have thousands of folowers. Each time you write a new hub, post the link to your hub. This will increase traffic. Next, every 6 months to a year, revise or update some of your older hubs and re-post them as well.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for the information and the encouragement.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)