jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

If we don't have an AdSense account, why must our Hubs have AdSEnse ads?

1. steveso profile image80
    stevesoposted 3 years ago

If we don't have an AdSense account, why must our Hubs have AdSEnse ads?

People have lost their AdSense accounts,  have not been approved or simply do not want an account, so why must they displace the AdSense ads on their Hubs?

2. profile image0
    bobtyndallposted 3 years ago

Just Because Them's The Rules smile Can't Buck The System

stevesoposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You're right. Just expressing my opinion.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago

There are Adsense Ads and HP program Ads.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/maki … y-HubPages

4. Arco Hess Designs profile image75
    Arco Hess Designsposted 3 years ago

The AdSense ads on your page are being shown by HubPages as part of the revenue sharing program. It's how HubPages makes money to pay their staff along with all the servers and databases. If it weren't for those ads, there wouldn't be a HubPages nor would you receive any revenue sharing.

5. profile image0
    GEMNITYA5posted 3 years ago

steveso, I suppose the same question tickled my mind, and did asked here on HP.
    I think we both are sailing on the same boat.
    HP had a proceedure, where we all hubers had to follow, we cannot change their system of payment.
    I hope you would follow the rules, T&C here on HP.

6. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

You can get rid of the ads. When you open your hubs in edit mode, scroll down the column on the right hand side. Under where it shows the goals, etc, you'll see "display options". If you don't see the options listed, click on the little blue arrow. One of your choices will be "ads" and the drop-down menu allows you to choose either "on" or "off". Click on "off" and the ads will go away. I do that for all of my hubs because I'm not enrolled in AdSense and don't want unrelated ads on my pages. While there, you can also choose any group you created in which to file that hub as well as select the option to have the copyright notice appear at the end of your hub.

stevesoposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. That was a great help.

working