My traffic is reducing!!?????

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (26 posts)
  1. G Miah profile image80
    G Miahposted 14 years ago

This is so weird, my traffic is reducing bby 2 or 3 at a time!!! What's going on?

Anyone know? Is something wrong somewhere????

1. profile image53
      amyxlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i guess it the xmas  holiday, everybody is out there catching fun, i am experiencing same here

2. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Tis the Christmas and New Year holidays and other celebrations hmm

G Miahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol, you made me laugh. I'm not pleased, my traffic has REDUCED by 3 in the last 3 hours.

Can it reduce? Does it? Anyone else has this problem, or is it just me???

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are not presented with a traffic statistic for a specific date, only for a 24 hour period.

2. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is a US-based web site that gets the majority of it's traffic from the US.  It's now Christmas Eve in the US.  People are not surfing the Internet, and they are going to stay off the Internet in a much reduced capacity through New Years.

3. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Yes, most of us are seeing a decline in traffic due to Holidays.

4. Lady Guinevere profile image67
    Lady Guinevereposted 14 years ago

Exactly and there is a big storm currently going across the country and it is a whooper.  Some people will not or still do not have electric, which most computers run on.  We may not have electric in the coming days if we get all the freezing rain they are calling for in this area.

5. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 14 years ago

Yep, now is a good time to build, re-build and fine tune.
    Look at the holiday slow down as a positive thing!

6. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 14 years ago

Mine absolutely tanked in the last day or so.  Pitiful! lol

7. G Miah profile image80

No, no no! You have all misunderstood!

Traffic isn't going down from my usual numbers, but it's actually reducing/minusing, eg,

Today at midday it was foe example 100, after two hours the figure went downwards to 97, then it went downwards further and carried on!

That is the 1 day figures playing with me! The 7 days and ever figures are ok.

Do you understand what i mean now?!

1. Michael Willis profile image66
      Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe I am hearing what you are asking, I will try:

1. Let's say at 3 pm you have 100 views for the day.
      2. Then at 4 pm you have 95 views for the day.
      The 24 hour period is from the 3pm day 1 to 3pm day 2. AND 24 hour period from the 4pm day 1 to 4 pm day 2.
      After each 24 hour period, the numbers "slide" over to the 7 day column. This can cause confusion. But it happens this way. It is not set up for a day view like a work day hours. It is a cycle.
      Hope this helps.

8. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Don't panic.  The numbers rise and fall.  Don't focus too much on the stats, it'll drive you crazy.  Like they've said above, it's the holiday season.  Also, bear in mind what Ryan has said -- the traffic is based on 24 hours not per hour.

9. rajan1311 profile image69
    rajan1311posted 14 years ago

yes i got same problem, views are like -98 , -76 every day...

10. profile image0
    Citrus000posted 14 years ago

I'll show you traffic!!!

I just felt like saying that. Thanks and good luck with your traffic thingy. smile

Lol, you can be the lollypop lady to stop the traffic!

11. G Miah profile image80

Michael Willis, thank you for your input, but i am still confused.

I've always got HP open on my mobile phone to keep an eye on traffic updates, so i could see it reducing slowly. It still is reducing, but the 7 day and ever sections are rising, which is not a problem.

I think i'll leave it, and not worry.

1. Michael Willis profile image66
      Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok, if your "ever" numbers and 7 day numbers keep rising, then you are ok with your views, not losing views. It took me a while to understand after joining HP also.

12. G Miah profile image80

Thank you, i have stopped worrying about this thing now, and i think i can go to sleep now, as it is nearly 4am! Gotta get up early aswell!

13. elayne001 profile image77
    elayne001posted 14 years ago

Page views ever is what you need to look at - it will continue to go up even if the one day stats go up and down. Happy Holiday to you all.

14. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Traffic is like that, it comes and goes... smile

15. docrehab profile image60
    docrehabposted 14 years ago

Do you mean your Hubscore or Traffic?...

It's the traffic. Like i said when i first checked my traffic numbers for eg it was 100, 1-2 hours later it lowered to 97. Basically it went in a downward spiral!

It's not a problem, i do understand most things on HP and how they work, but this was a shock to me.

16. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I was wondering about that,

If it's traffic, don't worry about it, my traffic and sales have nosedived over the last 36 hours.

If it's your Hubscore, that is affected by all kinds of factors!

17. G Miah profile image80

Thank you all for your support, i'm not worrying about it now.

Enjoy the holidays!

18. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

It's the holidays probably won't pick up again til around Jan 4 when everyone goes back to work.  The fluctuations are very frustrating however!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)