jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Why are ads only placed below comments in my hubs?

1. WheelerWife profile image89
    WheelerWifeposted 3 years ago

Why are ads only placed below comments in my hubs?

I've had an adsense account for a few weeks and linked it to hubpges ad program, but I'm only seeing ads were added to my hubs below the comments at the very bottom of the page. When you edit your hubs, however, and go to "preview" you can see grayed out spaces that are "reserved for ad space" - after publishing, I'm not noticing that those gray spaces have had ads placed within the hub itself. Is this normal? Can someone help me understand? thanks!

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago

If you have ads once hub is featured, then you are okay.  Ads do not appear in edit mode.

1. WheelerWife profile image89
      WheelerWifeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

hi LindaSmith1 - thanks for the feedback! I guess what I'm really wondering is why when in edit mode, does it have space reserved for ads throughout the hub, but then after publishing they only appear below the comments....?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
      LindaSmith1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Nobody sees the hub, except for you when it is in edit mode.  The ads appear after creation of hub, edit of hub, when it is published and featured.  The ad placement is decided on multiple factors, adsense or HP ads, products, images in the way of ad

working