jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should I stop editing my posts? The last few days, they keep getting unfeatured

1. DeborahDian profile image75
    DeborahDianposted 2 years ago

Should I stop editing my posts?  The last few days, they keep getting unfeatured!

Even though I have edited my posts so that they have fewer than one ad per 100 words (and some have only one ad per 250 words), they still keep getting un-featured when I edit them.  All the ads are related to the article topics.  I think I may have to give up and, if they keep getting un-featured, move them to other sites ... which is a major hassle and something I NEVER do, normally.  I've been very disappointed with the way my old Squidoo articles, which were very successful at Squidoo, have been treated here at Hubpages.  Why did Hubpages buy Squidoo, if they didn't like the content?

2. Elsie Hagley profile image64
    Elsie Hagleyposted 2 years ago

Don't give up on editing your article. Only have one amazon add for 500 words. (I do, less amazon capsules the better to get featured). Use only large photos, check out what your hub looks like in preview, cell phone view you will be surprised how it looks with small photos, not very nice.
    Hope this helps a little. Keep smiling.

3. Lady Lorelei profile image86
    Lady Loreleiposted 2 years ago

I thank you for asking this question. My hubs don't usually go unfeatured after the edit but they do drop horribly in rank. I too was wondering what the solution was as it is getting quite disheartening to see.

4. Merrci profile image82
    Merrciposted 2 years ago

Good questions all Deborah.  It is puzzling.  Seems like I read somewhere that it was now supposed to be 200 words per Amazon, but some still seem to go unfeatured.  I experiment, doing different things, but it may be they just want very few Amazon links. Views are so far down compared to Squidoo.  This will be an interesting thread to follow.

working