jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Do you keep copies of the articles you publish here?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image98
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago

Do you keep copies of the articles you publish here?

2. UnnamedHarald profile image98
    UnnamedHaraldposted 2 years ago

Absolutely. Each hub, even ones I've unpublished, has its own directory containing the text, related images, captions and notes with references for each hub.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

That's excellent.  I'm good, but not that good!

3. denise.w.anderson profile image93
    denise.w.andersonposted 2 years ago

Yes, I keep a copy of the articles that I publish. Once I put it live on the website, I copy and paste it into a word document and keep it in my computer files.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

That's exactly what I do!!

4. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 2 years ago

Yes and the main reason is if Hub Pages closes I want to articles elsewhere.  I keep different files for different topics and have several backup disks in case my computer goes six feet under.  Plus I mail the articles as attachments to several email accounts just in case something goes wrong with my flash drives.  I lost an ebook I was working on that was saved to my flash drive, luckily I had sent it to my yahoo and had that copy.

1. starme77 profile image75
      starme77posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Always keep copies and file them well. I learned the hard way haha. I am still cleaning up my computer and finding things. It is important to keep copies - but more important to have them organized smile

2. MarieLB profile image82
      MarieLBposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Excellent advice of course from starme77.  Not much good knowing you have them but where?  Computers get choked with endless files, so the search may be long and boring.

5. Venkatachari M profile image54
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

I don't feel any need for it. As you say, if, by our bad luck, hubpages get closed, we shall be getting some notice to take back our articles, I hope. But why the need arises?

1. MarieLB profile image82
      MarieLBposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Oh my Gosh VM.  You are a trusting soul.  I think you are one of those who do a lot of research in your articles.  It shows.  Wouldn't you want to ensure that you do not lose them?  What if the site crashed, for whatever reason.?

6. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image38
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 2 years ago

I have 128 hubs by now and have stored only a few hubs, It is now my great concern to store copies of all hubs safely. I love to copy all in my Kindle e-Reader using their Personal Document Service. Mailing copies to our email is id a good option.

working