jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How much time do you give a hub to get good traffic before doing major editing o

1. littlething profile image87
    littlethingposted 2 years ago

How much time do you give a hub to get good traffic before doing major editing or outright deletion?

2. Tealparadise profile image90
    Tealparadiseposted 2 years ago

Well first step is to promote it, get backlinks, etc.  I go to Pinterest since I do a lot of craft stuff.

I give it a few months before trying to re-SEO it.

3. thranax profile image53
    thranaxposted 2 years ago

If you spent the time and effort making the Hub never delete it. Don't even unpublish it! I had some Hubs that I thought would never see 2,000 views, but as time goes by they all did! Basically, you want  to keep the jackies.hubpages.com/YOURHUBURLYOULOVED forever since date is a factor for seo. Most of the time we make the best keyword URLs we can when we write hubs and others wish they had them. Its best to promote it and make small updates and corrections for at least 6-12 months. If it doesn't meet your personal quota after that time erase all the text and reword it. Sometimes, if the product or subject updated you can re-purpose it.

The only time I suggest deleting a hub is if it no longer exists, isn't fitting your "brand" if your a writer who only writes about cats and your dog hub isnt getting views delete the dog one. Most hubbers are  "Jacks of All Trades" writers who have many different subjects so its best not to limit or delete.

Best of luck,

4. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

I find it better to cast the hub into the wind and let it fall where it may. I don't delete it, but I do edit it if I think it hasn't gotten the attention it deserves. This method doesn't produce big returns, but I feel like it keeps me sane. Which can be quite difficult when chasing the passing interests of internet traffic.