I am not a fake! I am a real person with feelings...

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (37 posts)
  1. profile image0
    incomenewsposted 14 years ago

I am writing this because I received a very rude mail from a hubber who claimed I was a fake looking for traffic.

Let me be clear on this. There are some people on here whose sole purpose is to just criticize and bring down others. People make mistakes and just because they make a mistake does not give you the right to be judgmental.

I am talking about me. So for those of you who have no idea what I'm saying let me explain.

Two days ago I joined hub pages because I was really on the brink of pulling the plug on my life. I came here hoping to find a reason to live and I first read quiet a lot of hubs before I posted anything. I wrote a hub titled "how to catch a guy and keep him for good" The reason I wrote this hub was because I read one hubber that said when life got her down she just remembers the good things that happen to her and some how that helps her.

So I decided to rewind back 13 years ago when I married my husband and how life seemed like it was going to be great and so when I was writing that I was literally crying because I missed the love we once shared and that made me feel good and I thought maybe if I brighten somebody else's day I would feel better which I did.

But then reality hit me again. I recieved a call from my bank and they informed me that my application to extend the lenght of my mortage payments was denied and I only had 14 days left to pay up or they reposses my home. I cried so much that it cause me pain and anguish and I came here just for someone to talk sense to me as I have no family and hardly any friends. This is when I posted the discussion on the forum titled "I will kill myself if I dont make any money as I've had it!"

I am grateful to the number of people that came to my aid and offered me valuable advice and although they were some of you that critizied me of just wanting traffic (which hurt me so much) but my heart was eased by the help I recieved from the other people here.

So Let me be clear by saying.. I may not have introduced myself properly which I do apologize for. I know they are some people out there who have no heart or compassion and I'm ok with that but do know that hub pages is not just a hang out site for me. It's saved me whether you believe it or not I don't care. All I care about is that I'm happy some sense has been knocked into me and thank you to everyone that advised me.

I know somebody will still go ahead and abuse me or accuse me of one thing or the other but like I said I don't care. I'm writing this for the benefit of the people who have helped me and the people who genuinely love reaching out to lost souls like me.

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay, then let's start over.

I am still new here myself, but I can still extend a welcome.

Welcome!

2. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you should know that a lot of people before you, have posted asking for help and they haven't been sincere most of the time.
      So it's very difficult to believe in your first post.
      I hope you're sincere on this one.
      Anyway sending nasty mails is not the way to cope with this. But sometimes people get angry thinking they have been hoaxed.
      It's not like we know you.
      It's not like you know any of us.

1. yoshi97 profile image56
        yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Words well spoken ... It's misfortunate when we are judged because of those that came before us, but it does happen. When you have a recession with so many people looking for a way to make a fast buck, everyone suspects everyone.

Is it fair? Consider what has come to pass before your arrival and you might understand why this thinking prevails. Trust comes with time ... and anyone worthy of trust will eventually be trusted. smile

3. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

im deeply sorry for the  hubbers that said those things to you.  however, i hope you can take it to heart when i say that not all of us are like that.  in fact, most people i met on hubpages are often kind of compassionate.  look, i don't know you personally, but i can tell you've been through a lot in your life based on what you just said.  however, i hope you don't think ill of hubpages just because of the actions of a few morons here.  in fact, i read some of your work before, and i think your a great writer. 

i hope someday i can be as good as you are.  that's why i decided to fan you just now as i truly do admire your work.  im sorry also to hear about your current situation, as i hope things will be better soon.  however, if you ever need a friend, then i wouldn't mind being one to you if you like as you seem like a very nice person.

4. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hello you.

would you like my advice? it's probably best not to reveal so much private information in a public forum because, as you can see, people will pick you apart, allude that you are dishonest, or make fun of you or be mean to you. i mean, who are they, when it's all said and done.

no one. just people like you.

play your cards close to your chest until you find someone who deserves your trust.

just my 2 cents.

cheers and best regards.

5. Arthur Fontes profile image74
      Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

incomenews  Good luck with your writing you definitely look like you have been busy since you have been here.  I hope you feel an abundance of joy in your future.

6. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm fairly new to Hub Pages myself, but I'd like to take this chance to say WELCOME and hope you enjoy being here!

And I guess I don't understand why anyone would accuse you of anything.
      Heck, it's okay for someone to be here even if they are only looking for traffic, or whether they want to get more involved!   So phooey on anyone who judges you without knowing you anyway.
      ...I'm not a believer in "luck", so I'll say I wish you the best here, and other areas of your life.

7. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't listen to the critical and ignore the negative we lost our home to and I felt the same way in my profile is a link to my story you should read it and there is always light at the end of the tunnel. ((( Big Hugs))

2. Alessia Amnesia profile image59
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 14 years ago

Never look to others for a reason to live. Only look to yourself.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i agree. so who cares what someone emailed you? ignore them. that's all they deserve. focus on yourself and your writing (if that's what you want to do), and screw what strangers on the internet think.

3. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

The choice to report that Hubber is yours also, Incomenews. Nobody should make accusations of 'crimes' without looking at themselves. I think you have some great Hubs and as said before, off to a great start. smile

4. profile image0
    incomenewsposted 14 years ago

Thank you guys. Its great to know people like you are out there. Puts a big smile to my face. xx

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

im real too. dont worry, youll be ok. hang in there. sorry about your circumstance, i can relate.

5. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

smile

only what you, and people you love, think of you is what matters, ok? welcome aboard!

6. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Hope you enjoy it here.  smile

7. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

I prefer to give newbies benefit of the doubt big_smile n help if asked. Maybe a personality disorder? hmm tongue lol lol

1. ncmonroe1981 profile image60
      ncmonroe1981posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nah, everyone should start with a clean slate. I try to treat everyone as though they're trustworthy until they prove to me that they aren't.

2. cheaptrick profile image74
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interesting that you bring up personality disorders.
      I'm taking a course on them right now
      I think I have all of them lol.
      On a serious note I too would like to apologise for my erratic behavior in the past.
      Maven told me I have"thin skin"and he was Right.
      I still have some of the aggression drilled into me by the Corp which I will love for the rest of my life.
      please except my apologies Y'all..
      I am taking supplements to grow a thicker skin smile
                            ...peace...

8. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

@steven
    You shouldn't be so naive.

1. profile image0

what do you mean?  besides i see no harm in comforting others when they're down.

1. tantrum profile image61

i always read everything, before becoming emotional over something.
        No comments.

1. profile image0

oh, i see...yeah, thats good advice

2. profile image0

i wasn't getting emotional about anything.  however, i guess your right.  i just have a tendency to always want to be a nice guy around people.  lol  however, i guess there is such a thing as being too nice towards people.

2. profile image0

lol remember Imadork? whatever happend to him? i toatly know stuff goes on besides hp, but I havent seen him?  nothing wrong with the benefit of the doubt.  smile

1. tantrum profile image61

Yes, I remeber. Two hubbers being really nasty with him.
        I knew his story and it was true. He even e-mailed me. and he never asked for anything.

9. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

incomenews, you have to bear in mind that we've had scammers join HubPages and tell us tragic stories.  That has made us suspicious and watchful for signs that a new arrival may not be genuine.

In your case, I'm struggling with your statement (in your recent forum post) that you'd been booted out of hospital because you had no health insurance, when your blog states you're in England.  In England you'd be treated under the National Health System and wouldn't need health insurance.

Also in your blog post of yesterday, you talk about the extensive new treatment plan prescribed by your doctor, and about your carer from the British Cancer Society.  You can't tell us that all happened since your original forum post? 

If you genuinely have colon cancer at the stage described in your blog, you have my deepest sympathy.  My mother died of colon cancer and it's in our family's genes, so it's always hanging over my head.  However if I were in your shoes, I would have sold the house long ago and used the money to make the best of my remaining years.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cosette, have you been keeping up to date with this saga?

10. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Yeah, I'm always real nice around people, too.

1. profile image0

and sheep too.

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, that goes without saying.....

11. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

not really Marisa.

but i am not going to assume anything. she seems harmless...

cosette, if she's genuine then she has my sympathy - but if not, I object to her feigning a serious illness to make money.  Stage 4 cancer, which she claims to have, has a survival rate of only 15%.

1. Diskobolos profile image57
        Diskobolosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If she's genuine she has everyone's sympathy for what she's going through. And if she's not genuine she has my sympathy for being so fucked up to make up such story.

Just like you  have to feel pitiful to anyone that is begging for some traffic or whatever to make money. It's not like those people are rock stars making millions, more likely they are out of job and desperate. Think about it, who would even bother with such shit, it's like you really don't have anything better to do with your life...

Diskobolos, I guess you have a point.

12. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 14 years ago

incomenews, ever hear about the boy who cried "wolf!"?

13. marcel285 profile image63
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

It is horrible that someone was nasty to you when your clearly not in a good way. But please don't be saying suicidal things, it is a very selfish thing to do.There are people whom have lost others to suicide, and they find your threats about it very offensive. Some might even assume that your doing it for attention. If your suicial, you shouldnt be telling the whole world about it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)