jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Losing a hit? What's up with that?

1. brimancandy profile image81
    brimancandyposted 7 years ago

I was looking at my hubs, and one of them had 16 hits. I go back and look at it again and it has 15 hits. Another went from 4 down to 3. Is there a reason for this?

2. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

rolling stats - last 24 hours - not a calender day

3. brimancandy profile image81

This within a period of less than 6 hours. I just checked it again, and  hub that was at 16 is now down to 13.

When I posted this a few hours ago, the hub in question started at 5 hits, then jumped to 8 hits. I changed the title of all of my hubs. and this single hub jumped from 8 to 16, then when I checked it again it was down to 15. And checking it just 5 hours later it is down to 13. The rest have also gone down by 1.

I just find it kind of weird. My total hits also went down.

1. DogSiDaed profile image61
      DogSiDaedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Total hits down? That is strange... There have been some problems with the Hub stat counters in the past, some make them go up randomly, some down, so perhaps that? Or maybe you viewed it yourself and that view was discounted? I'm just speculating here

4. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

If you want real stats, use Analytics.  The stats provided by HubPages are the most basic.

Brimancandy, what you are describing it perfectly normal behavior for rolling stats.

5. thisisoli profile image55
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Rolling stats means that it could go down or up from one hour to the next, it is the last 24 hours, not 'todays stats'.

On the other hand, my Hubpages statistics do seem to be a bit off at the moment, give Google Analytics a try!

6. brimancandy profile image81

My partner says that he sometimes looks at my hubpages. Could it be because we both use the same computer, that his views are being deleted? Even though he is not signed in?

I know that looking at the pages myself wouldn't. I'm not having any luck getting traffic, anywhere but at hubpages.

7. sunforged profile image69

All views are recorded, logged in or not. Same Ip , same computer makes no difference.

Are you using Google Analytics yet? ...its the answer to all your stats questions

1. brimancandy profile image81
      brimancandyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No I am not using analytics.

1. The Rope profile image60
        The Ropeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

"BC" - Just a note but...Listen to the experts and take their advice.  They have a lot of great knowledge and are so good at sharing.  You'll pick up a lot of worthwhile info just browsing through the forums and hubs of these folks.

8. sunforged profile image69

working