jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Spammy comments get allowed?

1. Venkatachari M profile image54
    Venkatachari Mposted 22 months ago

Spammy comments get allowed?

There is a comment just found by me on caloriebee.com/nutrition/Benefits of Orange Peels. It is not exactly a comment. It is a promotional post of an article by healthline365 posted some 8 months ago. They posted the entire article titled "22 Home remedies for acne & pesky pimples" and at the end given a link to their site for reading more of it and many other articles.
    Why such comments are allowed and kept on such a new niche site of our hubpages? It will definitely degrade the image of our site and /or our writers. Can't you detect and remove it?

2. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 22 months ago

That is not a good practice agreed. Monitoring and deleting comments is by the Hubber for Hubs. They have to be read to do that. For HP to do the monitoring the software program would have to be rewritten. In that case then the Hubber loses all control of what they wish to allow. The software progam would have to be written as a yes / no question. In other words if 'any link' then is deleted no matter what the link is. Even if the Hubber wishes to put a link there themselves. I do not know how difficult it would be to rewrite the program. Probably not easy. So, it is not 'today' high on the list of priorities, but maybe on the back burner for another time.

Venkatachari Mposted 22 months agoin reply to this

I do agree with you. But, either the author on whose hub it is appearing should delete it or the administration should have some tool to detect and delete it within a specific period. It is appearing there since 8 months.

3. DDE profile image26
    DDEposted 22 months ago

Hi Venkatachhari M this is a good question I had people do that to me, and ignored their comment. I don't such acts should be allowed on HP. Anyone can do that here if that is allowed.

True, Devika. We should not allow such things to happen.

4. always exploring profile image85
    always exploringposted 22 months ago

I've had this happen on my hubs too. It is against Hub Pages rules.

If it happens on our hubs, most of us delete it immediately. But, there are some who may not care to delete it which is not good for hubpages.

working