jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Anybody else growing weary of folks asking for feedback on their hubs? Don't we

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
    Kathleen Cochranposted 12 months ago

Anybody else growing weary of folks asking for feedback on their hubs?  Don't we all want that?

2. RTalloni profile image89
    RTalloniposted 12 months ago

smile  Yes, we do. 

Using those as a good exercise for learning more about evaluating my own work as well as using them to exercise response skills makes meeting the request worthwhile once in a while, but…really.

3. Jodah profile image89
    Jodahposted 12 months ago

Yes, it seems about 75% of forum posts now are asking for feedback but with HP's stricter policy now it is more difficult for hubs to attain featured status and people receive an email advising them to post in the forum asking fellow hubbers for feedback. At least you can adjust your "feed" settings so you don't get notified of all these.

4. Dean Traylor profile image93
    Dean Traylorposted 12 months ago

oh, yeah...I get it that some hubbers are looking for guidance and help from others, but there is at least one person who abuses it. I think he's been doing this for a year and those that attempted to help him are getting frustrated. To put it bluntly, he doesn't take their advice and keeps asking the same questions, over and over again. I've never responded to this person, but nearly every day there's a posting from him asking for the same, darn thing, over and over.

5. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 12 months ago

Maybe it's the cynic in me but I believe most of these "feedback request" are nothing more than an attempt to get more hub views for the writer. I only read hubs on topics that interest me.

6. RonElFran profile image99
    RonElFranposted 12 months ago

Having fellow hubbers ask for help doesn't bother me at all. I look at HP not just as a platform, but also as a community in which we all try to support one another. I answer requests when I think I can help, and am often helped myself by reading other hubbers' responses. Sure, some people abuse the privilege, but that happens in every community. Those folks I simply ignore.

7. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 12 months ago

It isn't requests for opinions but editing that are getting repetitive.

8. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 12 months ago

Back at least a year ago, I did respond to a few of these pathetic, insecure beggars.  I said I would be happy to give them some feedback. "Cut your losses now and find yourself a new hobby~preferably something you can actually do. And for the love of God, don't quit your day job."  This is not something I have the time nor the desire to do.  I do, however offer any advice I can to new hubbers who are genuinely interested in learning the ropes.
    My favorite of all are the characters who sign on, no bio, no photo, no nothing.  They rush to the Q&A after 5 minutes of signing on and ask"  "How I make much money on this place?"   
    Weary?  I suppose. Laughter can tire me out.  Jesus help them.

9. rjbatty profile image83
    rjbattyposted 12 months ago

Random thoughts:  You may want to reduce your number of followers.  I don't get this kind of blowback (thank goodness), and I think it is because I've been ultra-selective in accepting followers.  We still do have a choice here don't we?  If I got a response that merely indicated others wanted feedback on their own Hubs, I would cut them loose in a minute.  The impetus seems be to build a huge following, but this cuts two ways.  Speaking only of the negative side, you get roaches, as you outlined.  Naturally, you don't want to be bothered with these.  Thus, you want to be ultra-selective on your followers.  I haven't received a single query asking for feedback on their Hub.  If I were, I'd either ignore it or respond by saying they could go to hell.  I have a very small "followers" group, and I'm glad of this.  They consist of people like yourself, Jodah, and some other earnest individuals There is really no advantage in having a large Hub-page following.  The people in this group are not going to click on advertisements, so they are worth zero other than feedback on the Hub itself.

1. Jodah profile image89
      Jodahposted 12 months agoin reply to this

rj, we are unable to deny followers so you have no control over how many you have, only who we follow. The requests for feedback on hubs isn't in your comments but in the forums and our feeds. I can't think of anything worse than having others consta

2. rjbatty profile image83
      rjbattyposted 12 months agoin reply to this

Jodah:  If you say we have no control over who follows us, I must believe this to be the case, although I had heretofore always thought we could select followers. If we cannot, it seems like a rather raw deal.  I'm not really that glued-in with HubPa