Hello, as promised your votes are in. This doesn't mean you still can't vote, the great thing about polls, they can always be updated. For more clarification, the voting is here;
http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubber-Question … The-Forums
On an average, we are working 37 hubbers who participated.
Thank you all for participating.
This is just a overview of the variables, if you need more information, the above hub will help.
So here's what you voted
1) 79% of voters enjoy the forums, the rest do not. Showing 21% do not.
2) 41% of voters spend less than hour in the forums, 27% tied with spending about 1 hour to a few hours, 37% tied spending either 5 hours or most of the day. I think voters may have been conservative on this question and actually more spend longer periods of time.
3) 92% of voters have never been banned while 8% have? 8%?
4) 32% have absolutely no opinion about banning, 30% think the banning is fare, 22% feel it is too often and 16% of voters don't think it's strict enough.
5) general hub hangout is favored as a topic by 44%, 25% prefer the chat threads, 11% enjoy analyzing hubs topics, 8% favor religious hubs, 6% favor announcement hubs and lastly a small split of 3% favor health and games.
6) as far as posting in the forums, 68% believe it will increase their scores, 27% are not sure and 5% believe it will not.
7) 42% enter the forums because someone else they like is there, 58% said they do not.
8) not surprisingly, 94% of hubbers get to know other hubbers by their posts, yet 6% aren't learning a thing.
9) observing and just watching the forums, 54% admitted to doing so, 38% do not watch, just post and 8% read other posts when they post themselves.
10) when asked what would improve the forums, those that answered, voted 26% said nothing needs improvement, 16 % quoted that Denno should remain in his Scottish sheep attire, 13% voted we should all leave Tantrum alone, and let her be, 11% interestingly enough agreed to a thread that announces who has been banned and for how long, lastly 8% want more topic prompts.
Thanks everyone for participating, it's always a process, but interesting to know where we stand.
That sounds about right. Recently there has been an enormous fuss about a few people who were banned, so it sounds like it's happening all the time. But sit down and count them up, and it really doesn't happen all that often - and when it does, it's the same people.
And, of course, the people who flounced off in a huff after being banned wouldn't have been part of your sample.
by DJ Funktual 9 years ago
If I may be so bold as to make a request of HubPages, I would like you to please re-examine at this time your decision to ban Jerrico Usher from the Hub Forums.He has proven himself to be quite mindful of the mistake he made before and seems to me to be waaay to smart to make the same mistake...
by Person of Interest 4 years ago
Just an idea I'm tossing out there. How about HP declaring on Monday a blanket forum amnesty for all forum-banned Hubbers?I'm saying Monday so that HP has the weekend to mull the idea over.I am not suggesting any changes to forum rules. If HP grants the amnesty, and a Hubber turns around and...
by thisisoli 8 years ago
I can't help but notice that after a few bannings of prolific forum participants, the forum participation has dropped dramatically.Gone are the days when I had around 3 pages of Hubbers Hangout topics to peruse, nowadays I just check the main forum page where there seems to be around three threads...
by rbe0 5 years ago
Why was I banned from posting in the forums for 15 hours?I am not allowed to post on the forums for 15 hours. Ok, so surely HP must have sent me an explanation as to what I did wrong so I can learn not to do it again. I went and checked my email and NO REASON GIVEN!HP staff, even if someone reads...
by Grace Marguerite Williams 3 years ago
What causes some people to be repeatedly banned from the forums?
by Laurel Rogers 8 years ago
Okay, now it's Smoothassilk, Pearldiver and Tantrum...what's the deal with being 'banned?' What is this line that is crossed? I'm fairly new, so I am not sure about the 'rules,' though I have read through the guide.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|